• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hooters on Long Island/Queens Closing

NYR2711

Just found out from my wifes cousin, she is a former worker at the one in Islandia, that they are closing all of the Hooters on Long Island and Queens because they arent doing good. Kind of sucks because I did like their wings and they always did beer specials for games, unlike Buffalo Wild Wings and Hurricane's. Still, we had some good times at Hooters. Here is a story I found on it.

http://hauppauge.patch.com/articles/hooters-to-close-in-islandia-re-open-as-58s

"The Hooters locations in Fresh Meadows and Farmingdale will be turned into a restaurant we started called Bud's Ale House and the location in Islandia will be called 58's because it is off of Exit 58 on the Long Island Expressway. The Hooters brand is just not selling on Long Island."

I've gone to the Fresh Meadows one a bit. It did okay, not great. It was right outside a movie theater, but that theater just really isn't too popular. Especially when you consider there are 2 or 3 bigger theaters that are much better within 10 minutes.

Movie theater is closed now. Ive been to the one in Fresh Meadows too, I dont think it did well, always empty when I was there. Ive been to the one in Islandia quite a few times, it was always busy when I was there. Hooters as a whole has been suffering across the country I think. They've been trying different things to get more customers, guess it hasnt been working. I want to try Canz-a-Citi

It's not like Hooters was cheap.

Hooters want expensive, they are a lot cheaper than other places. I liked them because they did game day specials, where BWW and Hurricane don't really have any real specials. Hurricane used to last season for football, but they are t doing them this year.

Movie theater is closed now. Ive been to the one in Fresh Meadows too, I dont think it did well, always empty when I was there. Ive been to the one in Islandia quite a few times, it was always busy when I was there. Hooters as a whole has been suffering across the country I think. They've been trying different things to get more customers, guess it hasnt been working. I want to try Canz-a-Citi

Wait..what? The Fresh Meadows theater closed? I was just there 2 weeks ago. Doubt thats true, lol.

Wait..what? The Fresh Meadows theater closed? I was just there 2 weeks ago. Doubt thats true, lol.

I guess I was wrong, I just went on Fandango and they have 3 movies playing there. I drove by last weekend, and there wasnt any movie titles on the marquee, and it looked like it was runned down, so I just assumed it was closed.

Blue,

Actually went by to check out Bud Ale House recently. Literally the same exact thing as Hooters. Same place, nothing inside has changed. Even the staff there is the same. The movie thing is down because I believe they're updating. The box office window moved too, so I can understand why you thought what you thought. But yeah, all open.

I just read on newsday.com that Hooters Corp actually terminated the contract the owner had with them due to owners failure to comply with Hooter regulations and rules. The owner had put out that he was closing due to not making money, and Hooters released their own statement. Hooters Corp has sent the owner an immediate cease and desist, and is working with a new ownership group to open new Hooters on Long Island.

Archived