• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brooklyn Steakhouses other than Peter Lugers?

Blue Heaven

Im going to the Jay Z concert with a buddy of mine in September at the Barclays Center, I just tried to make a reservation at Peter Lugers but they're booked. I cant attend his bachelor party in a few weeks so I thought it'd be cool if I take him out for a manly meal before the concert which is 1 week before his wedding.

Im considering Sparks Steakhouse but thats really gonna be a pain in the ass since he's coming from Levittown, im coming in from Queens, and then have to schlep to Brooklyn for the concert after dinner. Im trying to avoid using my car to go to the concert. So, any awesome steakhouses in Brooklyn other than Peter Lugers?

Ah, I'm going Thursday.

Don't have any suggestions for steak places down there. Not my neighborhood.

There aren't very many. You can try to head into the downtown DeKalb area, but I'm not sure if there are any specific steakhouses in the area. I know the whole area is full of "mom and pop" restaurants, many of which are VERY, very good, but I haven't lived there since around 2008/09, so there's no way I can tell you for certain that any have opened up since then.

• 1 month later...
So the Jay Z concert is upon us and I did make a reservation at Amber Steakhouse for Saturday. Now Im coming from Forest Hills, Queens and its quite the pain in the ass to basically get home from the concert. How is parking by the steakhouse? Should I park my car near the steakhouse, leave it there til after the concert and pick it up? Just take the subway both ways and leave the car at home? I can take the railroad from the concert to Jamaica but then I have to figure out how to get my car at the subway station then. I have to at least drive my car to the subway station in Queens. If it wouldnt be a bitch to drive and park near the Barclays Center I would do that but thats out of the question.

So the Jay Z concert is upon us and I did make a reservation at Amber Steakhouse for Saturday. Now Im coming from Forest Hills, Queens and its quite the pain in the ass to basically get home from the concert. How is parking by the steakhouse? Should I park my car near the steakhouse, leave it there til after the concert and pick it up? Just take the subway both ways and leave the car at home? I can take the railroad from the concert to Jamaica but then I have to figure out how to get my car at the subway station then. I have to at least drive my car to the subway station in Queens. If it wouldnt be a bitch to drive and park near the Barclays Center I would do that but thats out of the question.

Amber Steakhouse is located on Nassau Avenue, which means you can park your car there (there's decent parking on the streets surrounding it, though it is residential, so you may have to loop around a block or two before you find empty spots) and then walk to the Nassau Ave. G train station and take that to Fulton Ave. and walk the three/four blocks to Barlcays Center without issue. When the concert is over, just reverse the directions, walk back to your car and you could hit the BQE via McGuinness Blvd, which is just two blocks away from Amber.

That'd be my suggestion. Parking downtown near Atlantic Terminal/Barclays will be a fuckin' nightmare.

The only other option you have (and it's not one I'd actually suggest) is to park your car under the BQE near Tillary Street, and then walk all the way up Flatbush Ave to get to Barclays, but that area near Tillary sucks. The walk is probably a good 25 minutes and the Cumberland projects are also just a block away.

Amber Steakhouse is located on Nassau Avenue, which means you can park your car there (there's decent parking on the streets surrounding it, though it is residential, so you may have to loop around a block or two before you find empty spots) and then walk to the Nassau Ave. G train station and take that to Fulton Ave. and walk the three/four blocks to Barlcays Center without issue. When the concert is over, just reverse the directions, walk back to your car and you could hit the BQE via McGuinness Blvd, which is just two blocks away from Amber.

That'd be my suggestion. Parking downtown near Atlantic Terminal/Barclays will be a fuckin' nightmare.

The only other option you have (and it's not one I'd actually suggest) is to park your car under the BQE near Tillary Street, and then walk all the way up Flatbush Ave to get to Barclays, but that area near Tillary sucks. The walk is probably a good 25 minutes and the Cumberland projects are also just a block away.

Thanks, I think i'll do option 1. I just hope the G doesnt take forever at 11:30 PM

It won't be the easiest commute you've ever had, but so long as there's no construction going on (which I'm pretty sure there won't be during the week — they've been handling all of that over weekends the last few months) it won't be the absolute worst either.

Hell, you never know — you could just luck out and walk to the platform and catch it right away. When taking the G, there's no greater feeling than arriving just as the train is pulling into the station.

Archived