• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Demon's Souls / Dark Souls

quick release

Dark Souls comes out on Tuesday for PS3. I preordered it. But in the mean time, I've been playing Demon's Souls, which won game of the year, etc. It's unlike any other game I've played. It's an RPG that takes fighting skill. Many aspects of the game remind me of old NES games.. but of course the graphics are tight.

It. Is. Crazy. Being someone who played Everquest for years, I am totally cool with difficult games. This one is beyond difficult. It's frustrating but at the same time I don't feel like throwing my controller at the wall. You eventually accept that the game is hard as hell and going to take some time. It's really really innovative the way you see ghosts of other players in parallel worlds on the PSN. You can leave messages on the ground and even sometimes summon them into your world for help with a boss.

Coolest thing I've ever heard of in a video game: The new Dark Souls will feature a class that has a special ability that when activated, dark smoke surrounds the player. You continue to play as usual, except it randomly selects someone on the PS network to completely fuck over with all sorts of creatures spawning in their world.. including your character. They have to beat your character in their world to stop the chaos.

That game is going to be unreal.

• 8 months later...

Archived