• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Likely to Target Nick Ritchie, Jujhar Khaira, Martin Jones in Free Agency

Phil

Where the hell does Ritchie go now though on this roster?

Probably the fourth line, squeezing out someone like Rooney, Barron, or Hunt.

That, or, again, you deal Chytil away, move Goodrow to the middle, and play Ritchie on the third-line wing with him.

Probably the fourth line, squeezing out someone like Rooney, Barron, or Hunt.

That, or, again, you deal Chytil away, move Goodrow to the middle, and play Ritchie on the third-line wing with him.

Yeah that’s true I just felt like he would cost too much to play on the fourth line though I guess if it’s a one year deal OR we make room for him on the 3rd next year it wouldn’t matter and that would be a pretty nasty fourth line whether it’s Rooney or Barron in between Ritchie and Blais.

I don’t know if I’m ready to move Chytil for almost nothing yet and he could still pan out so maybe yeah keep Ritchie on the 4th Chytil 3C and if Chytil underperforms do what you said and move Goodrow to 3C and Ritchie up with him. Chytil sits or is moved.

Rooney wasn't an established NHLer either, until he was. I think we'll see something of a rotation of players on that fourth line, but Blais is pretty much penned in at this point.

This year, he’s not going to be competing against Howden, Di Gipetto and Brodzinski for ice time.

he’s still the worst forward on the team and has only gotten playing time with very bad NHL teams