• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Would Rangers Consider Kakko in a Deal for Eichel?

Phil

There's no chance Drury is going to include last year's No. 1 overall pick, Alexis Lafreni?re, who is believed to be the first player Adams asked about. But could his stance could soften on Kaapo Kakko?

I honestly don't know, but there's reason to believe an offer including the No. 2 overall pick from 2019 would at least tempt the Sabres.

If the Rangers did that, they'd be left with Eichel and Mika Zibanejad as their top-two centers flanked by Lafreni?re, Artemi Panarin, Chris Kreider and Vitali Kravtsov as the four wingers for those lines.

That's a very skilled, dynamic top six, which Drury could then balance out with a gritty, defensive-minded bottom six featuring Blais, Barclay Goodrow, Morgan Barron and Kevin Rooney, plus another low-cost addition or two. That would complete his vision of having a collection of forwards who "know exactly what their role is and what's expected."

Trading Kakko would sting even more than losing Buchnevich, especially if he turns out to be the player many scouts believe he will be. He's so young, so talented and under team control for another five years. But he'll be a RFA next summer, at the same time Zibanejad and Norris Trophy winner Adam Fox will be due for new contracts.

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/rangers/2021/07/24/chris-drury-adds-size-and-grit-nhl-draft-but-whats-next/8077593002/

Considering Kakko is my favorite player, I hate this. But it also makes no sense with Buch gone. You trade Kakko and now you have what down the right wing? Kravstov, Gauthier, and that’s it.

Makes no sense.

We have a stock pile of d to trade from. Not forwards. Assuming that you’d also be moving them too, you’re starting to look at the whole “rebuild” falling apart.

It's an interesting thought exercise in the same way that imagining getting a blowjob from Scarlett Johansson is an interesting thought exercise.

I haven’t talked to her in years, since that time after I dumped her sister.

Friedman said on 31 Thoughts that the Rangers didn't want to give up Lundqvist or Schneider and that was the deal breaker. Both prospects are good and that's up to the Rangers to weigh the situation with Eichel's health and make that decision, but considering our depth at D, those are the guys you move to make that trade.

Friedman said on 31 Thoughts that the Rangers didn't want to give up Lundqvist or Schneider and that was the deal breaker. Both prospects are good and that's up to the Rangers to weigh the situation with Eichel's health and make that decision, but considering our depth at D, those are the guys you move to make that trade.

I’d sooner move Jones reunanen or even Robertson even if it meant moving all three, rather than only either of those two guys. We don’t need eichel I am hoping drury has moved on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk