• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Happens Next? (Rep Bet)

Flynn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not against getting any of the big names, I am against the cap issues it will cause down the line when they need to re-sign fox, lundqvist, kakko, krav, Laf etc.. Buying all these guys out wont be an option. But what do I know...

Nah, I hear ya man!! Tarasenko only has this year and next year left at $7.5 million. That should match up well with a lot of the upcoming RFA/UFA's, Nashty. That's part of the reason that deal makes sense... It gives us a legit "shoot first" sniper and he'll most likely work well with Panarin, or another playmaker.....well, to me it makes sense to me anyway. ;)

Nah, I hear ya man!! Tarasenko only has this year and next year left at $7.5 million. That should match up well with a lot of the upcoming RFA/UFA's, Nashty. That's part of the reason that deal makes sense... It gives us a legit "shoot first" sniper and he'll most likely work well with Panarin, or another playmaker.....well, to me it makes sense to me anyway. ;)

I think that has more legs than trading for Eichel at this point.

I'll believe it when I see it. Must be something in the water here.

Rick Carpiniello

@RickCarpiniello

Hearing Seattle is going to take Colin Blackwell from #NYR ... but there could be a trade in the works (for D Mark Giordano?) that changes the pick and allows Rangers to keep Blackwell

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I would prefer Dillon for cost, style of play, and poaching a good defenseman from a rival, but I like the Rangers' thinking here in trying to leverage the expansion draft to upgrade LD.

I think that has more legs than trading for Eichel at this point.

I can't take credit for that one though. I think Pete or G Man had proposed that a few days ago. I just really liked that it made sense for both teams, and cap wise. :thumbs:

MacDermid could be a nice get via Seattle. Bruce county boy that doesn't lose many fights.

As a 6th/7th D? For a 4th, 5th, or 6th round draft pick?

I would definitely be down to acquire a face puncher making almost league minimum.

His career point production is almost identical to Ryan Reaves with ALOT less miles on his tires.