• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Carey Price Waives NMC for Purpose of Exposure in SEA Expansion Draft

Lord Al

Hearing that Carey Price has waived his no-move for purpose of exposure in the expansion draft so that the Habs could protect Jake Allen in the expansion draft. The thought is that Seattle wouldn’t want to pick up the rest of Price’s hefty contract. But I guess we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Habs: "Hey, you wanna waive your NMC so we can protect your backup?"

Carey Price (after being ripped all season by the fans and media and then dragging his mediocre team to the cup finals for the first time in 30 years): Yeah, sure.

If I were Seattle I'd take him and pay off that 11m signing bonus in #31 jersey sales. Make the playoffs year one and have the face of the franchise in the pipes the next 5 years.

Carey Price (after being ripped all season by the fans and media and then dragging his mediocre team to the cup finals for the first time in 30 years): Yeah, sure.

If I were Seattle I'd take him and pay off that 11m signing bonus in #31 jersey sales. Make the playoffs year one and have the face of the franchise in the pipes the next 5 years.

I’m sure they’ll examine the insurance on that deal. Take the cap hit, but insurance pays if he’s hurt.

Quite plausible they take him just like Vegas took Fleury, he’d instantly be the face of the franchise, and he is familiar with that part of the area since he played for the Tri-City Americans.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

After seeing a few other high priced guys who have popped up, I'm passing on Price.

Teams did a good job limiting available defensemen, but forwards are pretty wide open. If I'm Seattle, I look to load the top 6 as much as I can, and don't worry about a couple of guys being overpaid (Voracek, Johansen). They are still good top 6 players.

Voracek - Johansen - Tarasenko

Neidereiter - Gourde - Bailey