• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bettman Confirms ASG to Vegas, Blues-Wild Winter Classic at Target Field Next Season

Phil

I think even if the All Star game was in Vegas, I still wouldn't watch it because I absolutely the format they've been using. I long for the days where it was just Eastern Conference vs. Western Conference. I'm just not a fan of it being split up into several teams with the divisions and all. It just doesn't do anything for me.

I think even if the All Star game was in Vegas, I still wouldn't watch it because I absolutely the format they've been using. I long for the days where it was just Eastern Conference vs. Western Conference. I'm just not a fan of it being split up into several teams with the divisions and all. It just doesn't do anything for me.

The game is boring anyway because no one actually plays hard. Which I totally get as its a gimmick but its just not fun and never has been fun to watch IMO.

The skills competition is better but I feel like they could do a better job with it as well.

I won't watch on TV no matter what the format is, but if it's a cool destination and a fun weekend in Vegas, I think that has the best chance at success. It's not even about the game, really.

If the ASG is gonna continue to exist, it should only ever be in Vegas.

I'd scrap the game itself entirely and turn every All-Star Game into an All-Star Weekend that celebrates the city it's in. Do a ton of alumni events, meet an greets, fan photo ops, skills competitions for players, etc. It should basically be a weekend at Six Flags.

ASGs made sense when you weren't able to see players in other markets spare some weekly national TV game. In a cable and internt age, it's totally outlived what value i it once had. Every major sport has seen the ratings of ASGs drop through the floor. The don't know how to end them, and it's still a plum ticket for the home team. No team would turn it down. Recall Ovechkin caught a ration of shit a while back for going to the beach in Florida under the guise of an injury to avoid the ASG, and really could hardly blame him.

Speaking of useless things when are the rangers going to start doing the celebrity all star games again? I miss watching Susan Sarandon skate.

Always liked the rangers skills competition. They probablyDon’t want to embarrass the guys by doing an accuracy competition since none of the rangers know how to hit the net.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of useless things when are the rangers going to start doing the celebrity all star games again? I miss watching Susan Sarandon skate.

Always liked the rangers skills competition. They probablyDon’t want to embarrass the guys by doing an accuracy competition since none of the rangers know how to hit the net.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always liked that Super Skate event they had where Christopher Reeve was there, Chris Jericho, etc. They were kind of fun. Jericho was awesome for doing it, plus his Dad played for the Rangers so I'm sure it was pretty cool for him.

I remember the days when players actually tried to showcase their skills and give a fuck about the game. Sucks what it’s become but too much money at risk these days

Same. I mentioned before about just missing the East vs. West format they did for years. Hell, even the North America vs. World games were competitive compared to this. I think this current format just waters down the event. Well, the skills competition is still good, but the game itself, I mean.