• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL Entry Draft Lottery -- Wednesday, June 2, 7:00pm EST

Phil

E24eVY2XwAAKAkp?format=jpg&name=small

The 2021 NHL Draft Lottery will set the order for the first 15 picks of the 2021 NHL Draft when it is held Wednesday (7 p.m. ET; NBCSN, SN, TVA, NHLN).

The first round of the draft will be held July 23, with rounds 2-7 on July 24.

The Buffalo Sabres, who finished last in the regular-season standings, hold the best odds (16.6 percent) of winning the No. 1 pick. The Anaheim Ducks have the second-best odds (12.1 percent). The expansion Seattle Kraken, who begin play next season, have the third-best odds (10.3 percent), equal to the New Jersey Devils, who finished with the third-worst record in the regular season.

The Arizona Coyotes will be part of the drawings but forfeited their first-round pick because of violations of the NHL Combine Testing Policy during the 2019-20 season. The Coyotes also had to forfeit their second-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft.

If Arizona wins either lottery drawing, a redraw will be conducted.

https://www.nhl.com/news/buffalo-has-best-odds-to-win-2021-nhl-draft-lottery/c-325102694

If arizona is forfeiting their pick doesnt that mean the rangers actually have more than a 1% chance?

Kinda sorta. They have a 2.1% chance of being in a lottery winning spot and Arizona has a 6.4% chance. If Arizona draws into a lottery spot, it's redrawn.

Basically, they have s 2.1% chance of a win but only 93.6% of drawings are valid. NHL stupid as usual.

Buffalo is east coast’s edmonton. No one wants to live, no one want to play there

I don't know. I have never been to the actual city of Buffalo but I have been to the suburbs in Amherst near UB a few times. Its a nice area. Granted, not probably a place where millionaire athletes would want to live lol.

I don't know. I have never been to the actual city of Buffalo but I have been to the suburbs in Amherst near UB a few times. Its a nice area. Granted, not probably a place where millionaire athletes would want to live lol.

buffalo is hardly a city, it's more like a big town