• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

It's Miller(s) Time

CBrowningPI

Last year was eye opening regarding Adam Fox and how quickly he transitioned from college hockey to the NHL. This year I was suprised to see K'Andre Miller not only in the lineup but making a pretty significant impact in most if not all games he's played. Only 10 games in and it's clear he belongs in the NHL. Quinn hyped his gaps and stick work while JD gave him praise in the bubble and training camp. Looking over the 10 games he's given fans some stellar plays both defensively and offensively. I personally thought for sure he'd be in Hartford for most of the season getting his pro feet wet. This is definitely a great move by management and scouts to move up in the draft to pen Miller and it seems he'll be on Broadway for the long haul.

Last year was eye opening regarding Adam Fox and how quickly he transitioned from college hockey to the NHL. This year I was suprised to see K'Andre Miller not only in the lineup but making a pretty significant impact in most if not all games he's played. Only 10 games in and it's clear he belongs in the NHL. Quinn hyped his gaps and stick work while JD gave him praise in the bubble and training camp. Looking over the 10 games he's given fans some stellar plays both defensively and offensively. I personally thought for sure he'd be in Hartford for most of the season getting his pro feet wet. This is definitely a great move by management and scouts to move up in the draft to pen Miller and it seems he'll be on Broadway for the long haul.

Miller, Trouba, Lindgren and Fox have been absolutely incredible as a unit. The Rangers defense as a whole has drastically improved this season. Fox played 26 minutes last night against one of the best teams in the league and was a +1. That's pretty astounding if you ask me.

Miller and Trouba seem to cover each other very very well, reading off each other and taking turns jumping into the play. I'm really excited for the future of this pair as they're only going to grow as Miller gets more and more comfortable with the game.

If the Rangers can get useful minutes out of their 3rd pair or fill the gap with kids they already have in the pipeline that creates a massive stockpile of dmen that can be traded for other pieces.

Miller, Trouba, Lindgren and Fox have been absolutely incredible as a unit. The Rangers defense as a whole has drastically improved this season. Fox played 26 minutes last night against one of the best teams in the league and was a +1. That's pretty astounding if you ask me.

Miller and Trouba seem to cover each other very very well, reading off each other and taking turns jumping into the play. I'm really excited for the future of this pair as they're only going to grow as Miller gets more and more comfortable with the game.

If the Rangers can get useful minutes out of their 3rd pair or fill the gap with kids they already have in the pipeline that creates a massive stockpile of dmen that can be traded for other pieces.

That's a great point about being paired with Trouba. They complement eachother in a sense and hopefully the Rangers have finally found Trouba a steady linemate. As miller gets more comfortable I think we'll see more of his physical game and Trouba is the man to learn from.

Miller has been very good. Thank god too because he’s really helping mask a lot of Trouba shortcomings

Trouba's shortcomings are way overblown IMO. Seems like every year Rangers fans decide to watch one Dman with an eagle eye and take a shit on them - usually it's the highest paid one. Miller has made plenty of mistakes that have been covered by Trouba. But that's why they're a good pair.

Trouba's shortcomings are way overblown IMO. Seems like every year Rangers fans decide to watch one Dman with an eagle eye and take a shit on them - usually it's the highest paid one. Miller has made plenty of mistakes that have been covered by Trouba. But that's why they're a good pair.

Those guys are both feeding off one another pretty well of late. Trouba seems to have a hole in his stick sometimes, but he's using the body well. He got off to a slow start but, he's coming around now too!

No they?re not- he?s not Jack Johnson bad but he?s bad. His short comings have been discussed on here before so I won?t get into it again but I mostly agree with all of them.

I?ll say this though if he can continue to play like he did last night I will come around on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

No they’re not- he’s not Jack Johnson bad but he’s bad. His short comings have been discussed on here before so I won’t get into it again but I mostly agree with all of them.

I’ll say this though if he can continue to play like he did last night I will come around on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yeah this. He's been bad. It's not even Rangers fans noticing this. Even today listening to Sirius they were mentioning how you can make a great case that Winnipeg won the trade hands down lol.

He's been bad. Has his moments but also has his sliding into tjr goalie moments needing Miller to block a goal with his ass. Lol

Yeah this. He's been bad. It's not even Rangers fans noticing this. Even today listening to Sirius they were mentioning how you can make a great case that Winnipeg won the trade hands down lol.

He's been bad. Has his moments but also has his sliding into tjr goalie moments needing Miller to block a goal with his ass. Lol

Look at it this way, if it wasn't for Trouba, Miller wouldn't get as many ROY votes!!! ;)

Even today listening to Sirius they were mentioning how you can make a great case that Winnipeg won the trade hands down lol.

Well how's this, if they would have put not ADA but Trouba on waivers would there have been any takers? At $8m per long term, I doubt it. So Winnipeg got a first rounder and a decent economical player for an RFA who, if they had kept him and given him the contract necessary to keep him, would have been worth nothing.

Given that no one would probably take the player for free, would you add this to the Stepan-Raanta and McDonaugh-Miller deals?

Look at it this way, if it wasn't for Trouba, Miller wouldn't get as many ROY votes!!! ;)

Lol great point

Well how's this, if they would have put not ADA but Trouba on waivers would there have been any takers? At $8m per long term, I doubt it. So Winnipeg got a first rounder and a decent economical player for an RFA who, if they had kept him and given him the contract necessary to keep him, would have been worth nothing.

Given that no one would probably take the player for free, would you add this to the Stepan-Raanta and McDonaugh-Miller deals?

Yeah I doubt anyone would have taken him. The trade in itself probably wasn?t horrible, but the extension we gave him knowing he wanted to be here was way too high

He got to leave Winnipeg to go exactly where his girlfriend he wanted to go and we still overpaid for him in salary alone by a decent amount. I think it was a very bad trade, but that?s in hindsight. Then again, all of these trades we look at are in hindsight. I still think the mcd one was the worst by far though.

• Like 1

Agree. The fact that Miller looks so good next to an anchor bodes well for when we can put him next to a better player.

Honestly I hadn't seen Trouba play more than a handful of games before he got here. To me he's another example of a guy who's expectations (for example he has this great untapped offensive potential etc) far exceed the on ice production. Those expectations for me were feed by the terms of the deal which I thought were really high at the time and that feeling has only grown. I don't think he's bad, but I don't think he's worth the deal by any means. His ceiling to me is a middle pair guy and that's not what we're paying him and I would think he should of hit that ceiling by now. I don't hate the guy although when he slide into the goalie a coule games ago with little time remaining and Miller blocked the shot I did wish him gone for a minute or two. I do like the way he hits at times.

8x7 for a middling SAH D-man, who can log minutes, but has seriously limited offensive upside that seems to get worse by the week. Betting on upside, and getting straight regression, instead.

The deal was, and is, a fucking disaster, and they should have saw it coming from a mile away.

• Like 1

8x7 for a middling SAH D-man, who can log minutes, but has seriously limited offensive upside that seems to get worse by the week. Betting on upside, and getting straight regression, instead.

The deal was, and is, a fucking disaster, and they should have saw it coming from a mile away.

I don't want to make this into a Trouba thread, but this deal alone should get Gorton fired.

After trading for a player who was clearly forcing his way to NY, he negotiated against himself to give a player with one great year the contract fitting a great defenseman.

This will be an albatross and if it keeps us from retaining other, better, players it's a travesty. (And yes I count Zib as a better player who's at risk, even during this handful of bad games).

Millers been amazing.

Keeping his game simple and it’s been great for the team. He’s progressing every game. We knew he would learn quick, but he’s been tremendous.

Now, we wait for some type of expression on his face.

I absolutely love watching this kid!! His reach and ability to poke check players is uncanny. He uses his size well, and is going to be an even greater force when he grows into that 6"5" frame! ...This guy is a score and a half!

He's aware and I like home paired with Trouba

It allows Trouba to pummel guys and not have to worry about someone covering him

Millers been amazing.

Keeping his game simple and it’s been great for the team. He’s progressing every game. We knew he would learn quick, but he’s been tremendous.

Now, we wait for some type of expression on his face.

That's his best asset, doesn't get carried away

Poise is amazing in this kid

We kept hearing about all his "raw" tools and I was expecting him to be an unknown commodity/project several years in the making. Kid has never played a professional hockey game and is our second best d-man. And that's not a knock on the rest of them, he's just been that good.

What really blows me away is that the skating is actually even better than advertised. I haven't seen a 6'5" player move like that in forever. If he's this good at 21 and as a rookie, what does his prime look like? Because right now, I'm salivating over the possibilities.