Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSG Sales, "Will you attend in-person games at MSG in 2021?"

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    It's not the call of the teams or the NHL it's the state or local government. Does it really even matter what the teams or league want when it comes to fans? I don't think it does.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Is the COVID-19 vaccination card going to be the new form of ID in this "new normal" we're going to live in? I wonder.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Unless the release of a vaccine goes smoothly and we get to a point where it's perfectly safe to return to normal, I'd say definitely no

Even with seating spread out, there's no way of knowing who is around you, where they've been, who they've seen, what they've done and most importantly, what they'll do in the arena

im not gonna spend hundreds on tickets to go to what's basically an empty arena, watch them get blanked by a backup goalie and end up having some jackass in the row behind me decide to not wear his mask and cough up his beer, hot dog and covid particles every where. I'll see Laf when I see Laf

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Once I get a vaccine, I'm going. But not before.
    GORTON 2020

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    I absolutely would go. That's just me though.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What's this mean?
    It means i don't think the city is as safe as it once was and i wouldn't bring my kids there for a hockey game currently.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    It means i don't think the city is as safe as it once was and i wouldn't bring my kids there for a hockey game currently.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    There's nothing happening in the middle of Herald Square...

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There's nothing happening in the middle of Herald Square...
    Crazy people would have you believe NYC is currently up in flames and people are running around shooting and robbing eachother and its a lawless, post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    From all accounts, I heard quite the opposite. Like, when it was announced that Biden won, I heard that was a lot of dancing in the streets. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    Crazy people would have you believe NYC is currently up in flames and people are running around shooting and robbing eachother and its a lawless, post-apocalyptic wasteland.
    Not quite sure who you are referring to but crime has most definitely increased, people are fleeing the city in droves, and NYPD just spent the better part of the last 6 months getting zero support from city hall. Along with bail reform, premature prison releases for covid, and an increase in the emotionally disturbed/ homeless due to various reasons are you seriously suggesting that the city is as safe as it was this time last year?

Not quite sure who you are referring to but crime has most definitely increased, people are fleeing the city in droves, and NYPD just spent the better part of the last 6 months getting zero support from city hall. Along with bail reform, premature prison releases for covid, and an increase in the emotionally disturbed/ homeless due to various reasons are you seriously suggesting that the city is as safe as it was this time last year?

Just curious, are you currently living in the city? If so, what part?
    GORTON 2020

I don't live there. Worked there for several years and still have family there (in queens and Brooklyn).

I don't live there. Worked there for several years and still have family there (in queens and Brooklyn).

Yeah, I don't live there either. Like you, I have a few friends there that say the "dangerous" "ghost town" rhetoric is just not true. Although the crime rate is up, they're all pretty annoyed with that talk - which I'm not sure how that started or why people like my parents keep mentioning it (they also don't live in the city).

I will say that if people are "fleeing the city in droves" like they supposedly are in Los Angeles, it's not actually happening. LA's as crowded and expensive as it's ever been, yet I keep being told that everyone's leaving. I see no signs of that at all.
    Last edited by ThirtyONE; 11-24-2020 at 06:58 PM.
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Yeah, I don't live there either. Like you, I have a few friends there that say the "dangerous" "ghost town" rhetoric is just not true. Although the crime rate is up, they're all pretty annoyed with that talk - which I'm not sure how that started or why people like my parents keep mentioning it (they also don't live in the city).

I will say that if people are "fleeing the city in droves" like they supposedly are in Los Angeles, it's not actually happening. LA's as crowded and expensive as it's ever been, yet I keep being told that everyone's leaving. I see no signs of that at all.
    Crime is way up, and quite honestly I don't feel safe when I go out even in my area. The amount of crime in the subways is astronomical. Im dreading the day that I have to start taking the subway back to work. Last Wednesday I had my catalytic converter stolen from my car in the middle of the night. There is an abandoned stolen car on my block. People are leaving NYC at the fastest rates ever. NYC rent prices are pretty much at an all time low b/c there is a huge supply of available apartments. People leaving the city and moving to the suburbs. On the surrounding blocks where I live, there are about 2 houses per block that are for sale.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Crime is way up, and quite honestly I don't feel safe when I go out even in my area. The amount of crime in the subways is astronomical. Im dreading the day that I have to start taking the subway back to work. Last Wednesday I had my catalytic converter stolen from my car in the middle of the night. There is an abandoned stolen car on my block. People are leaving NYC at the fastest rates ever. NYC rent prices are pretty much at an all time low b/c there is a huge supply of available apartments. People leaving the city and moving to the suburbs. On the surrounding blocks where I live, there are about 2 houses per block that are for sale.
    Much of this will be reversed when people go back to offices to work.

(And yes, they will, because there's almost no one who can work at 100% efficiency, 100% of the time, remotely).

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Oh interesting. Yeah my friends and family are in Manhattan. Maybe it's different where you are?
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post

https://nypost.com/2020/11/14/new-st...navirus-crime/

Michael Hendrix, director of state and local policy at the Manhattan Institute, which has commissioned surveys about the state of the city, was not surprised by the data.

“I think people are afraid,” Hendrix said. “They’re afraid of catching a deadly virus and they’re afraid of crime and other quality-of-life concerns. One thing we also hear is about trash and cleanliness of the city.”
    https://abc7ny.com/7-on-your-side-in...-city/6386411/

I just did a quick search and came up with those. 300,000 people leaving seems like a high number to me. Granted I think the majority of the people leaving are leaving because of Covid fears or businesses realized the savings of not having to pay city taxes anymore since working remotely seems beneficial to a lot of companies but they're still leaving.

Regardless, this is not the spot for this discussion. The OP asked if anyone would go and I gave my opinion as to why I wouldn't. No need on my end for further discussion on this.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Living in the city vs visiting a highly populated and well policed area...Not even remotely the same.

I was at the Garden in February. I found the area surrounding the Garden to be filthy and overrun with homeless. My 12-year-old son got to see two different "zombies" actively shitting on w31st. I was very surprised by the state of the area since I haven't seen it like that in my adult life. Heavily intermingled with the homeless population are the emotionally disturbed. These are the ones that worry me. Not the street thugs...those are the ones that generally don't go near that area.

I'm a big believer in Bill Bratton's quality of life policing model. That's what was used in the late 90's that helped NYC clean up. The only way to make that work though is to have buy-in from the police department. If they don't buy-in, then nothing will happen. With the current state of politics in NYC that is not happening until an administration change.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    As someone who grew up in Brooklyn, lives in Jersey and commuted to NYC everyday... I'd never once felt unsafe around Penn station.

Is it dirty? Are there homeless? Yes. Probably worse due to Covid and no folks commuting into work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12