• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Shesterkin Suffers Rib Fracture, Buch Day-to-Day After Car Accident

Phil

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. We don't have enough top 6 talent not to miss one when they go down. Granted he's the one of those that we would miss the least but still would be felt long term.

I actually didn’t mean that sarcastically, I was legitimately asking in case anyone was wondering

Does the fact that it was a displaced fracture guarantee he could come back this season? Maybe best case scenario he can play in the postseason if they make it.

It was non displaced, which is the better of the two. In other words, he cracked the rib rather than completely shattered or broken in two. Doesn’t need to be set or repaired. It’s much better but the biggest problem for him is a rib cage injury is bad for a goalie for obvious reasons so we shall see

It was non displaced, which is the better of the two. In other words, he cracked the rib rather than completely shattered or broken in two. Doesn’t need to be set or repaired. It’s much better but the biggest problem for him is a rib cage injury is bad for a goalie for obvious reasons so we shall see

Oh, oops, I meant non-displaced. Even if it is better, I still would just shut him down for the rest of the season to fully recover. They have enough goaltending with Henrik and Georgiev. Obviously Shesterkin has been amazing, but they still have enough goaltending to where they can at least get into the postseason. Hopefully this doesn't affect his game long term.

How long did it take to heal where you didn't notice it anymore?

Closer to a month than 2 weeks if I remember correctly. I did have some other injuries though as well but it was also from a car accident.

Mine was from being a drunken ass, and stage diving into a pack of people who couldn't catch too well!

Felt it for about a month, but it has some lingering effects that feels like a bruise for about 2 weeks after it was "better"

• Like 1