Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: Since I am Getting Long in the Tooth Myself...

  1. #21
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,868
    Rep Power
    374
    No way he retires. He doesn't make that much money, relative to the lifestyle he lives. I think he wants the $$$.

    He's a massive cap burden but he gets paid like a 6th MLB starter reclamation project.

  2. #22
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    89,145
    Rep Power
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    No way he retires. He doesn't make that much money, relative to the lifestyle he lives. I think he wants the $$$.

    He's a massive cap burden but he gets paid like a 6th MLB starter reclamation project.
    I don't think he retires either. I think they trade Georgiev, because it's the simplest solution presented. But that's not what he asked me. He was asking if my post wasn't true, how to get rid of him. I think that's the only viable alternative.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  3. #23
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    80,438
    Rep Power
    624
    In my mind it's super simple and cut and dry.

    Hank and Georgiev are of about equal ability right now.
    Hank is immovable. Even if you got him to move, you'd get nothing back.
    You can trade Geo and fill a hole (Hello there, Bracco!)
    Geo might be in the mix next year, but won't be when Wall, Huska or the Swede are ready.

    This is really simple. Move Geo.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Slobberknocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    2 feet south of the blueline
    Posts
    4,876
    Rep Power
    50
    geo played another hell of a game last nite.
    Acqua in bocca

  5. #25
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,868
    Rep Power
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    In my mind it's super simple and cut and dry.

    Hank and Georgiev are of about equal ability right now.
    Hank is immovable. Even if you got him to move, you'd get nothing back.
    You can trade Geo and fill a hole (Hello there, Bracco!)
    Geo might be in the mix next year, but won't be when Wall, Huska or the Swede are ready.

    This is really simple. Move Geo.
    What hole does Bracco fill? He's a B prospect.

    Georgiev is better than Hank now, and obviously going forward.

  6. #26
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,868
    Rep Power
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I don't think he retires either. I think they trade Georgiev, because it's the simplest solution presented. But that's not what he asked me. He was asking if my post wasn't true, how to get rid of him. I think that's the only viable alternative.
    All good, I was just musing

  7. #27
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,868
    Rep Power
    374
    I think they trade Georgiev, too, but they better get a haul

  8. #28
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    89,145
    Rep Power
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    What hole does Bracco fill? He's a B prospect.

    Georgiev is better than Hank now, and obviously going forward.


    Is he, though?
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  9. #29
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,868
    Rep Power
    374
    If you go by that chart Hank is in the Vezina conversation.

  10. #30
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    89,145
    Rep Power
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    If you go by that chart Hank is in the Vezina conversation.
    No, because it's relative to workload. Hank's is not a historic Hank-like one, ergo he's not a Vezina candidate. But he is a quality backup.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  11. #31
    Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    78
    Pretty easy decision here:

    Georgie goes, and Hank plays out his deal through next season as a backup with Shesterkin as #1. We trade Georgie to Toronto after they've weighed all their options, and we get back a solid young player that can jump in the lineup and produce. The we start sitting guys like McKegg, Haley, etc...

  12. #32
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    13,993
    Rep Power
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    By approaching him honestly about the idea of retirement.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    this isn't a easy as it sounds. Its not like he is struggling out there, he is just playing behind a shitty defensive team. He isn't washed up, and he may not be ready for retirement.

  13. #33
    Banned Junior Division
    Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    6,740
    Rep Power
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Pretty easy decision here:

    Georgie goes, and Hank plays out his deal through next season as a backup with Shesterkin as #1. We trade Georgie to Toronto after they've weighed all their options, and we get back a solid young player that can jump in the lineup and produce. The we start sitting guys like McKegg, Haley, etc...
    all of this wont matter when Skunk will eventually take you camping

  14. #34
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    89,145
    Rep Power
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    this isn't a easy as it sounds. Its not like he is struggling out there, he is just playing behind a shitty defensive team. He isn't washed up, and he may not be ready for retirement.
    Great, because I'm not advocating for it. Trade Georgiev.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  15. #35
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    13,993
    Rep Power
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Great, because I'm not advocating for it. Trade Georgiev.
    I got no problem with that either. I was just pointing out that its not as easy as people think. Ive seen a lot of people saying they should ask him to retire, he has enough money, blah blah blah. The guy still has something in the tank, I don't think he will retire until his contract is at least up.

  16. #36
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    80,438
    Rep Power
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    What hole does Bracco fill? He's a B prospect.

    Georgiev is better than Hank now, and obviously going forward.
    He fills the third line wing hole.

    Geo is definitely not better than Hank. They're pretty much the same.

    EDIT: What Phil's chart said.

  17. #37
    Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    all of this wont matter when Skunk will eventually take you camping
    This is true!!! LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    I got no problem with that either. I was just pointing out that its not as easy as people think. Ive seen a lot of people saying they should ask him to retire, he has enough money, blah blah blah. The guy still has something in the tank, I don't think he will retire until his contract is at least up.
    I don't think Hank's ever going to retire...unless you shoot him! The guy is going to be a super backup to "The Czar"....

    Hey Phil, I like that better than "The Prince"!!!

  18. #38
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    89,145
    Rep Power
    524
    He's The Prince That Was Promised. I won't have any of your Russian state talking points. Deal with it.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  19. #39
    Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    He's The Prince That Was Promised. I won't have any of your Russian state talking points. Deal with it.
    Damn it!! I never get a break!!!

  20. #40
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,583
    Rep Power
    174
    I don't know why everyone is suddenly cumming themselves about Bracco. Who the fuck is this kid? 22yo, never played an NHL game. 5'9 181 LBS.

    I mean... what? Sounds like an AHL hero.
    GORTON 2020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •