Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    rangers are at least 5 years away from a serious contention. anything sooner than that is just false hope
    Wtf? Nonsense. Why is that?

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    rangers are at least 5 years away from a serious contention. anything sooner than that is just false hope
    Says who?
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    This is not a great example of "hot" and "cold." 11 points in 28 games is still good, for a "cold streak."

Nobody is ignoring he has streaks. What people are ignoring is that he does more than put up points or "skate fast."
    6 goals and 11 points is an 18 goal, 32 point pace over 82

That’s not good for a guy that’s looking for what he’s looking for in a new contract

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    one of many reasons is that our young guys need experience. and we have more and more of these rookies coming in next and following years. we're still in the rebuild, despite what Michaletti says

why nonsense?

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Says who?
    Simon and his common sense.

Says who?
    They’re not 5 years away
    They’re probably a playoff team next year and hopefully they’re in serious pursuit of a Cup in 2-3 seasons

I put them in year 3 of a 4-5 year rebuild

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    They’re not 5 years away
    They’re probably a playoff team next year and hopefully they’re in serious pursuit of a Cup in 2-3 seasons

I put them in year 3 of a 4-5 year rebuild
    ambitious.

you think they're in cup pursuit with first or second year defensemen? not a chance.

im not even sure they're playoff contenders next year with Kreider and ADA probably gone.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    want to bet?
    I can't drink anymore of that shit. lol

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I can't drink anymore of that shit. lol
    im not expecting to lose lol

Simon and his common sense.
    Sounds like non sense to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

ambitious.

you think they're in cup pursuit with first or second year defensemen? not a chance.

im not even sure they're playoff contenders next year with Kreider and ADA probably gone.
    We don’t t know exactly who will be in the mix, but I don’t think it’s all kids
    I’m figuring there are more roster adjustments coming over the next 18 months, that includes some of the prospects going for guys that help now, because they aren’t going to keep all of them.

Banned Junior Division
    Sounds like non sense to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I understand that because we just beat the piles in two games in a row we're ready for a playoff run. but realistically the rangers are subtracting, not adding. we're still in the middle of a rebuild

one of many reasons is that our young guys need experience. and we have more and more of these rookies coming in next and following years. we're still in the rebuild, despite what Michaletti says

why nonsense?
    I’m not sure what Joe Michaletti has to do with this but whatever? Odd comment. We aren’t in a perpetual rebuild for 5 more years lol. Young guys don’t need 5 more years of experience before being able to compete for a cup. We have plenty of guys already with hockey in Ziby, Panarin, Strome, Trouba at key positions. Assuming they keep the other current young players they have right now, they will be plenty seasoned within 2 years. I’m sure also there will be an acquisition here and there, some for nhl players if they are in playoff positions. I think you are reaching way way too far in the pessimistic

I understand that because we just beat the piles in two games in a row we're ready for a playoff run. but realistically the rangers are subtracting, not adding. we're still in the middle of a rebuild
    That is not five years out from completion or contention. If it were, they're nowhere near the "middle" of a rebuild. They're at the god damned start.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Where did anyone here say anything about beating the Islanders now makes us ready for a playoff run? What does a playoff run have to do with being a cup contender? The most I’ve heard here is that a playoff spot here would be grest baby steps for the future and that we are probably 2-3 seasons away from really being a serious contender. Making the playoffs is important towards furthering our developing.

They are looking, right now, at being around 10 points better than the last 2 seasons

Banned Junior Division
    I’m not sure what Joe Michaletti has to do with this but whatever? Odd comment. We aren’t in a perpetual rebuild for 5 more years lol. Young guys don’t need 5 more years of experience before being able to compete for a cup. We have plenty of guys already with hockey in Ziby, Panarin, Strome, Trouba at key positions. Assuming they keep the other current young players they have right now, they will be plenty seasoned within 2 years. I’m sure also there will be an acquisition here and there, some for nhl players if they are in playoff positions. I think you are reaching way way too far in the pessimistic
    dude, neither of us have any idea how long it will take for this team to be a bona fide contender. we're all just voicing our opinions, so please don't knock mine down because you disagree with it. IMO it will take Kakko around 5 years to be a force in the NHL (if he will ever be) and be a great all aournd player. building a team takes time, it doesn't happen overnight (2-3 years)

Banned Junior Division
    That is not five years out from completion or contention. If it were, they're nowhere near the "middle" of a rebuild. They're at the god damned start.
    rebuilding and then building. rookies or second year players which we have and will have plenty of in the next year or two, will not carry this team to cup contention. not for another couple of years after that, at least

Banned Junior Division
    Where did anyone here say anything about beating the Islanders now makes us ready for a playoff run? What does a playoff run have to do with being a cup contender? The most I’ve heard here is that a playoff spot here would be grest baby steps for the future and that we are probably 2-3 seasons away from really being a serious contender. Making the playoffs is important towards furthering our developing.
    and I said 5 years. so why are you getting all excited?

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    They are looking, right now, at being around 10 points better than the last 2 seasons
    Yes, but the team really dropped off at this time last season.

2019: 22nd overall, 20-20-7,47pts 47gp
    2020: 21st overall, 23-19-4, 50pts, 46 gp
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast