• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lemieux vs. Hayes

ThirtyONE

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good beer league that Hayes scored two third period goals in on Monday.

Hayes is fine. But totally not special, like at all. That game was his Stanley cup, and you can tell because I?ve literally never seen him skate like that in his time here. Dude is a decent NHL player but certainly not worth his contract and not someone is ever pine for. He?s about as replaceable as it gets.

Hayes is fine. But totally not special, like at all. That game was his Stanley cup, and you can tell because I?ve literally never seen him skate like that in his time here. Dude is a decent NHL player but certainly not worth his contract and not someone is ever pine for. He?s about as replaceable as it gets.

He was on Pace for a 70-point season when he got traded. On a bad team. That's really hard to do.

We're also, at this point, struggling to replace him. So I'm not sure how you can say he's as replaceable as It gets.

He was on Pace for a 70-point season when he got traded. On a bad team. That's really hard to do.

We're also, at this point, struggling to replace him. So I'm not sure how you can say he's as replaceable as It gets.

We are struggling to replace a 70 point Hayes. But that?s not really Hayes. He?s a 50+ point guy who this year is on pace for 48. If something about his play made me think he was going to be a 70 pt guy consistently, I would agree.

We are struggling to replace a 70 point Hayes. But that?s not really Hayes. He?s a 50+ point guy who this year is on pace for 48. If something about his play made me think he was going to be a 70 pt guy consistently, I would agree.
I take a 50 point Hayes over no second line center which is what we have right now.

We've got a middle six winger playing in that spot.

Hayes is Kreider at center in terms of offensive consistency. While he is a center and offered/offers more of a 2 way game than Kreider, I still wouldn't have paid him that contract just like I wouldn't pay Kreider. Hayes is on pace for 49 points this year by the way. Last year's production pace looks more like an anomaly than the norm, and it's the same reason I'm extremely hesitant about them plopping big bucks down on Ryan Strome - who I think has been as good this year as Hayes was last year. If he gets 65-70 points, I'm not sure a team doesn't give him a Hayes deal or just a shade under (6-6.5mx7y?), and like Hayes, he won't be worth it.

Huh? Who said that?
There a link for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry $6x5

"But here it is: Would the Rangers be better off if they?d signed Hayes to the five-year deal, worth between the $5.75 million-$6 million, for which they could have had him during summer 2018 rather than trading him to Winnipeg at the deadline for Brendan Lemieux and that first-rounder the Blueshirts then sent back to the Jets with Neal Pionk in exchange for Jacob Trouba?"

https://nypost.com/2019/12/24/rangers-may-have-botched-kevin-hayes-jacob-trouba-maneuverings/

I don't want to piss on Strome, who has done Yeomans work in that role, far exceeded my expectations, but man we'd look pretty good with Hayes there. Hayes can really control play.

Missed opportunity due to self inflicted cap implications. It didn't have to be this way.

Sorry $6x5

"But here it is: Would the Rangers be better off if they’d signed Hayes to the five-year deal, worth between the $5.75 million-$6 million, for which they could have had him during summer 2018 rather than trading him to Winnipeg at the deadline for Brendan Lemieux and that first-rounder the Blueshirts then sent back to the Jets with Neal Pionk in exchange for Jacob Trouba?"

https://nypost.com/2019/12/24/rangers-may-have-botched-kevin-hayes-jacob-trouba-maneuverings/

They didn't choose Trouba over Hayes in Summer 2018 though. They chose to sign Skjei long term instead of Hayes. They picked horribly wrong, and obviously didn't want to pay increased price for Hayes. If they locked in Hayes in 2018 and bridged Skjei, they would have been able to trade Skjei or sign him to a much cheaper deal. Opportunity missed to maximize cap usage.

Both can be true.

Hayes is a fairly easily replaceable player for most teams, and certainly has a lot of work to do be worth that contract.

The Rangers miss him badly, mainly because they only have one established C.

That said, 5x6 would be absolutely fine for Hayes.

They didn't choose Trouba over Hayes in Summer 2018 though. They chose to sign Skjei long term instead of Hayes. They picked horribly wrong, and obviously didn't want to pay increased price for Hayes. If they locked in Hayes in 2018 and bridged Skjei, they would have been able to trade Skjei or sign him to a much cheaper deal. Opportunity missed to maximize cap usage.
That's fine, I didn't write the article lol.

That said, we have so many top D prospects coming, plus ADA and Fox, that we really didn't need Trouba.

Both can be true.

Hayes is a fairly easily replaceable player for most teams, and certainly has a lot of work to do be worth that contract.

The Rangers miss him badly, mainly because they only have one established C.

That said, 5x6 would be absolutely fine for Hayes.

Agree.

I dont really understand tho. Besides the fact that Rangers are bad and could use good players, why do we "miss him badly"? Strome is replacing his points (yeah with Panarin, but still), Howden is doing his job as the 2nd center on the PK (for 1m). What are we missing so badly with Hayes? I dont see how having Hayes over Strome would make us any better and Chytil works perfectly fine as 3C.