Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'The Mandalorian' on Disney+

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend

'The Mandalorian' on Disney+

Anyone catch the first episode? I'm loving it so far. Cliffhanger was awesome.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Bank of Quinn BSBH Prospect
    I'm torn. There are things I like and also some aspects of it that make it feel fan film like to me. That whole second scene felt off to me and I struggled to shake it.

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Liked it a lot. Excited for more.

Second episode was much better. If they’re more like that I’m with it.

Just released?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Yep.

Great episode. I'm loving it.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Is this actually good or “good” like episodes 7 & 8?

I don’t want to be disappointed more lol

Watch it and make your own mind up. There are two like 35 minute episodes out so far.

- John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    So, I like it thus far. I think it's doing a nice job of world building in the spirit of the franchise. It's humorous and intriguing. My only complaint is that I wish the episodes were longer. Eight episodes at 30-35 minutes each to me feels like it is going to be a very rushed story.

That said, I love how much more content we are getting and are going to get from the Star Wars universe.
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by High and Wide View Post
    So, I like it thus far. I think it's doing a nice job of world building in the spirit of the franchise. It's humorous and intriguing. My only complaint is that I wish the episodes were longer. Eight episodes at 30-35 minutes each to me feels like it is going to be a very rushed story.

That said, I love how much more content we are getting and are going to get from the Star Wars universe.
    This would still be double the length of a full feature film, but I know what you mean. I've personally gotten so used to well written TV shows that develop characters over numerous hours of screen time, that movies have lost their appeal for me. This is more like a mini-series length and I'm looking forward to watching it though.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I'm loving this series as well. My 18 yo son asked me to watch it with him.

Yeah, this series is phenomenal. I'm actively looking forward to every Friday right now.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I think it's just OK so far. Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Shows fucking terrible.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by High and Wide View Post

They just confirmed a second season, so I don't think they will rush the story. Still will have Mando and the child. I know that this series has a tie in to The Rise of Skywalker.

I think they have done a great job so far. The last episode was great.

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    I really do love the show a lot, but something is off about it. The acting, though good, doesn't feel like Star Wars. It's too real almost or something like that. Too much personality in the alien things I think. I'm used to Star Wars personalities being more cryptic, so it just seems weird. The make up could be better too. I was a bit annoyed seeing a guest appearance from an off-broadway version of Hellboy. Like I said though, still love it and I'm way more into it than any of the new movies for sure.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    The acting and production are equivalent to a Star Trek spinoff.

The only real issue is it lacks a plot direction. They're simply running from planet-to-planet, treating each new episode as a new adventure on wherever the fuck they are now before the bad guys come.

We have two episodes to go, but I still have no idea what he's trying to find, or what his plan with The Child is.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    The only real issue is it lacks a plot direction. They're simply running from planet-to-planet, treating each new episode as a new adventure on wherever the fuck they are now before the bad guys come.

We have two episodes to go, but I still have no idea what he's trying to find, or what his plan with The Child is.
    Bingo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast