• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

BSBH Fantasy Hockey 2018-19

Phil

Once you've accepted your renewal or invite, UPDATE THIS THREAD or PM ME your team name so I can add it to the official list in the OP. This will help us keep track of who's who throughout the season. Especially if you change team names at any point during the year (notify me then, too).

--

Welcome to the 2018-19 BlueshirtsBrotherhood Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Hockey league/season!

The following is all the important information you'll need if you are participating in this years' league:

League URL:

When is the draft?

The Draft date is set for Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 9:00pm EST

Please arrive at least 10 minutes early since the draft will start promptly at the assigned time.

League Type/Settings:

? Type: Head-to-head, daily

? Skater Scoring: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG)

? Goalie Scoring: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

? Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

? Max acquisitions per week: 2

? No max acquisitions, no max trades on the season

? Trade deadline is February 21, 2019

? Trades are reviewed by league and can be vetoed by majority vote.

Buy in and Prizes:

Buy in rate for the season is $20. The buy in due date is October 1, 2018

--

Grand Prize Payouts:

First Place: $180 (75.00%)

Second Place: $40 (16.67%)

Third Place: $20 (8.33%)

Everyone else:

UnfinishedIdenticalGypsymoth-small.gif

--

PLEASE NOTE: Residents of Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, Nevada and Washington are restricted by law from depositing money to play in paid contests. Canada, apparently, is also restricted. You must reside not in one of these states to participate in this league.

Team List:

1 / Grimson Reapers ? Phil in Absentia

2 / Advanced Stastny ? Morphinity

3 / Lozo's Sighs ? High and Wide

4 / Nylander's Neighbor ? Scotty Gomez

5 / Puck Bunnies ? fletch

6 / skaters and haters ? phillyb[emoji769]

7 / The Replacements ? Lt. Dan

8 / War Machine ? Long live the King

9 / Russian Meddling ? josh

10 / Puck daddy ? lefty9

11 / Bro's Before Hossa ? Puck Head

12 / Nothing Like AHO ? CardiacCanes06

= Paid dues

Past winners:

2017: pws85nyr ? Token Englishman

2016: CreaseCrusader91 ? Cincinnati Harambes

2015: Morphinity ? Advanced Stastny

2014: Morphinity ? Advanced Stastny

2013: Better Call Staal

2012: Chizz ? Swallow My Chizz

2011: Pete ? EveryDayI'mByfuglien

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m on the fence, I’m guess I wasn’t one of the people that made the cut lol

"The cut" hasn't been made. Read the OP. I'm merging both leagues and from that pool, plus, I want to know who wants to take this seriously this year.

Not at all. What I meant is I kind of have an idea of who I think will show interest, but I'm entirely open. I basically want a running list of as many "interested parties" as possible so I can fill out a 12-team league with who I think will stay truest to the league.

The pro side of a pay league is that people definitely pay more attention.

What I say next is based on my past experience in other leagues, and no reflection on anyone associated with BSBH.

When you are in a pay league and something appears to be unfair (uneven trade, someone dumping players, etc) regardless of whether it was intentionally not ethical or just poor judgement, it really leaves a bad taste and carries over to how people relate to each other.

Preemptively, since it's more important for me to post and interact on BSBH than the fantasy hockey, if it is a pay league than I'm out. Best of luck to all who play in the fantasy hockey league. Again, this is based on my past experiences in other leagues, I've had nothing but positive experiences in this league.

The pro side of a pay league is that people definitely pay more attention.

What I say next is based on my past experience in other leagues, and no reflection on anyone associated with BSBH.

When you are in a pay league and something appears to be unfair (uneven trade, someone dumping players, etc) regardless of whether it was intentionally not ethical or just poor judgement, it really leaves a bad taste and carries over to how people relate to each other.

Preemptively, since it's more important for me to post and interact on BSBH than the fantasy hockey, if it is a pay league than I'm out. Best of luck to all who play in the fantasy hockey league. Again, this is based on my past experiences in other leagues, I've had nothing but positive experiences in this league.

Trades are always put to the league to vote on. If a trade is truly uneven, it's on the league members to vote against it to prevent it from occurring. I also don't think we'd ever have to deal with a player dump situation (again) given the fact it's now a pay league. And if anyone did do that to sabotage things, I'd kick them out of the league for doing it and not invite them back again the next season.

I don't care about any of you enough to risk 20 bucks on. Meaning, if we end up hating each other because we met on a forum, and then joined a paid fantasy league, and then beefed through the fantasy league, I wouldn't think anymore of it than the pieces of poop I flush every morning.

Bring it.

;938081]I don't care about any of you enough to risk 20 bucks on. Meaning, if we end up hating each other because we met on a forum, and then joined a paid fantasy league, and then beefed through the fantasy league, I wouldn't think anymore of it than the pieces of poop I flush every morning.

Bring it.

I?m sure this would change somehow if beer and wings were involved

Trades are always put to the league to vote on. If a trade is truly uneven, it's on the league members to vote against it to prevent it from occurring. I also don't think we'd ever have to deal with a player dump situation (again) given the fact it's now a pay league. And if anyone did do that to sabotage things, I'd kick them out of the league for doing it and not invite them back again the next season.

Well, it's a good group of people, so if everyone can keep an eye on trades, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

So, I think I have six confirmed at this point: Lt. Dan, phillyb, pws85, fletch, High and Wide, and myself. With both Josh and Vodka on the fence, correct? AmericanJesus, are you in? Morphinity? That would give us ten. I'd love to get to twelve if we can.

Scotty Gomez, So Nashty, The Dude, Love live the King... any of you guys want in?