• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Spotlight: RichieNextel305

Fuhgeddaboudit

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old old board with Squid, DPIG. Can’t remember the dude that couldn’t spell and supposedly did time in prison

RF or Fly. He was just the way you’d expect in person after reading his posts on the old forum. Good guy though, and good times back then. Hard to believe it was so long ago.

Skunkman was a riot too. I also remember an Islanders fan troll that was always on there, but I can't remember his screenname. That board was my first forray into hockey and the Rangers since that's around when I started following them more closely.

I remember the Islanders fan as well, drawing a blank on his name

I think the official Rangers website basically discontined the board because of all the shenanigans on there. I don't recall, though. Maybe the moderator(s) made some kind of announcement about it. It was a very long time ago. I just remember after awhile it wasn't there anymore. lol

Don't forget Paris! She was a riot and I am friends with her on Facebook lol That's good stuff, though. I'm glad there seems to be quite a few people who were on that original board. That's going back over 20 years now.

Paris was Puppies lololol

RichieNextel was a troll's troll. That MSG board? Absolutely useless moderation. The Mods were sooooooo lame.

The Rangers-owned board was like the wild west but we just happened to have a profanity filter. One mod was a Rangers site writer who clearly had no interest in moderating and the other seemingly gave up immediately. It's a shame more didn't end up migrating here during the 2011 closure.

The Rangers-owned board was like the wild west but we just happened to have a profanity filter. One mod was a Rangers site writer who clearly had no interest in moderating and the other seemingly gave up immediately. It's a shame more didn't end up migrating here during the 2011 closure.

Oh, it closed in 2011? I thought it was longer than than, although that's when this board started up, right? So, that makes sense. That old board had a really good run then.

Oh, it closed in 2011? I thought it was longer than than, although that's when this board started up, right? So, that makes sense. That old board had a really good run then.

BlueshirtsUnited, which was Rangers-owned, at least closed in 2011. I think most here came from WeBleedBlue and whatever preceded that. There just happened to be an exodus from both sites in 2011.

not exactly true since i was banned multiple times and got up to CCCP14

Yeah I was on WeBleedBlue. I remember that. In any case, I'm glad there's kind of a melting pot of all of those places here, basically a consolidation. It's become the best place to talk Rangers.

there are only 2 left, this board and HF boards. after Dunsel closed WeBleedBlue, most migrated to Facebook but it just wasnt the same.