• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vote for my friend Rob to to win "MyRangerstown"

Captain Clutch

My former boss and friend Rob is a finalist for the "My Rangerstown" contest. Prize is Rangers players, alumni, etc. take over his town for a day, they do a party and such. It'd be awesome if you guys can help him out and vote! Allowed to vote once per day

http://www.myrangerstown.com/stories/mJtCaB6V

In January of 2014, my mom got a stem cell transplant and once she hit 100 days from the transplant she was given the ok to return to MSG. We were able to attend Game 2 vs Philly, Game 3 vs Pitt, two losses. Then we got tickets to game 4 vs Montreal. Especially with our family situation, my mom developed an affinity for Martin St Louis after his mother passed. It was perfect, when Marty roofed one over Tokarski's shoulder to get the Rangers on the cusp of the Finals, that she was there with me to see it. All I remember is hugging & high fiving everyone in the Garden that night. It was Rangers euphoria. We couldn't attend the Finals, but did go to viewing parties.

Thankfully, my mom has stayed in good health since her transplant. This year we became Rangers partial season subscribers, and prior to our first game my mom spent a week in the hospital for pneumonia. She got special permission from her oncologist to be released for the game (the doctor understands, her parents are Rangers fans and my mom was better too, of course). This fall I got a new car in Rangers blue with the license plate that reads ?NYRTWN? so where ever I am, its RANGERSTOWN! Oh, and how can I forget my pet pig named HAM Talbot after Cam Talbot. The Rangers bring us together & help us get through some rough times. How can I not love this team? Lets Go Rangers!!!

Archived