• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

E-ZPass Question

Fuhgeddaboudit

When I first started my EZPASS account, I had it setup so every time it hit $20.00, I would let it replenish $20.00. Okay, that's fine.

But 2 months ago, they automatically changed the amount to $40.00.

That's fine with me too...

But now recently, I got my ezpass balance down to $16.00 which is not negative so I don't even understand why they did this, they automatically changed my replenish amount to $80

80 friggen dollars? I never changed it at all, they just automatically changed it. I don't want my credit card getting charged whatever they feel like it.

Before I go through the hassle and bother them with it, do you know why they are doing this or what steps I should take to make it easy?

For my EZ Pass, they change the replenish amount based on usage. Originally, I had it set to $50, but that wasn't enough so they automatically bumped it up to $200, and then down to $125 when I started to use it less. You might want to check your account settings to see if you have that.

I checked everywhere. $20 is the floor I have it as. I cannot for the life of me find where the replenishment amount could be edited at all.

I know I'm not stupid, I really cannot find it.

For my EZ Pass, they change the replenish amount based on usage. Originally, I had it set to $50, but that wasn't enough so they automatically bumped it up to $200, and then down to $125 when I started to use it less. You might want to check your account settings to see if you have that.

If you have it on automatic, they set the threshold based on your usage.

These. If you use it more, they will charge you more instead of charging you every other day. I started out with a low amount, now I get 1 charge a month at $150. Its more beneficial for you. I am just still amazed by the number of people who don't have E-Z Pass. When I go home at night, the cash lane from Manhattan on the RFK bridge is always at least 20 cars long at a little after 11 at night.

These. If you use it more, they will charge you more instead of charging you every other day. I started out with a low amount, now I get 1 charge a month at $150. Its more beneficial for you. I am just still amazed by the number of people who don't have E-Z Pass. When I go home at night, the cash lane from Manhattan on the RFK bridge is always at least 20 cars long at a little after 11 at night.

I used to think this, too, then I realized if you want the carpool discount, you have to go through the cash lanes.

I used to think this, too, then I realized if you want the carpool discount, you have to go through the cash lanes.

I didn't even know there was a carpool discount. BU tI have sen plenty of cars in the cash lanes with single people on it. I also hate when these guys who don't have E-Z Pass have to try to go through the E-Z Pass lanes, and then it takes forever for someone to come over and take care of it.

I go over the bridge maybe 1 or 2 times a week - $5.50 a pop

That's not a lot...I don't get why it's $80

Again, they have a usage algorithm. If you pay X amount in tolls, they take Y amount up front. If you don't want them to do it, take it off automatic refill.

I go over the bridge maybe 1 or 2 times a week - $5.50 a pop

That's not a lot...I don't get why it's $80

Because they are only charging you once a month. When a company has to charge your credit card, they also usually have to pay a certain percent on each transaction, so to save money, they charge you once a month, unless you blow through that amount quicker.

Because they are only charging you once a month. When a company has to charge your credit card, they also usually have to pay a certain percent on each transaction, so to save money, they charge you once a month, unless you blow through that amount quicker.

Oh right, that makes sense. So I guess they take it into account I am probably going to spend $80/month on tolls, even when that isn't true...it's just random. Okay, gotcha.

Mine did this too, you can put it back to $20, they base it off what they think you're going to spend...when I lived in NJ my replenishment amount was like $100 because I would travel to NY all the time. I had to call them to change it when I moved to NY as I couldn't find it on their site either. Their customer service is actually pretty good...surprisingly.

Archived