• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Fired 'Groupon' CEO Leaves With Awesome Farewell Letter

Jules

BWHAHAHAHA. What a hero. Andrew Mason was fired as CEO for Groupon this week and here's his resignation letter. :D

People of Groupon,

After four and a half intense and wonderful years as CEO of Groupon, I?ve decided that I?d like to spend more time with my family. Just kidding ? I was fired today. If you?re wondering why ? you haven?t been paying attention. From controversial metrics in our S1 to our material weakness to two quarters of missing our own expectations and a stock price that?s hovering around one quarter of our listing price, the events of the last year and a half speak for themselves. As CEO, I am accountable.

You are doing amazing things at Groupon, and you deserve the outside world to give you a second chance. I?m getting in the way of that. A fresh CEO earns you that chance. The board is aligned behind the strategy we?ve shared over the last few months, and I?ve never seen you working together more effectively as a global company ? it?s time to give Groupon a relief valve from the public noise.

For those who are concerned about me, please don?t be ? I love Groupon, and I?m terribly proud of what we?ve created. I?m OK with having failed at this part of the journey. If Groupon was Battletoads, it would be like I made it all the way to the Terra Tubes without dying on my first ever play through. I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to take the company this far with all of you. I?ll now take some time to decompress (FYI I?m looking for a good fat camp to lose my Groupon 40, if anyone has a suggestion), and then maybe I?ll figure out how to channel this experience into something productive.

If there?s one piece of wisdom that this simple pilgrim would like to impart upon you: have the courage to start with the customer. My biggest regrets are the moments that I let a lack of data override my intuition on what?s best for our customers. This leadership change gives you some breathing room to break bad habits and deliver sustainable customer happiness ? don?t waste the opportunity!

I will miss you terribly.

Love,

Andrew

What a champ. :rofl:

Source: http://allthingsd.com/20130228/groupon-dumps-andrew-mason-as-ceo/

Archived