• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

IRA Question

Fuhgeddaboudit

So, it's been 3 years at my part-time job and they are opening an IRA for me. 10% of my pay additional goes in there.

They gave me a whole form to write out, and the vice president really didn't give me a recommendation, but more said "kids your age usually go with 'balanced, growth, or aggressive growth' for the investment objective"

I know this is really my decision, but this is my first time dealing with this shit, so I really have no clue what my objective even is. Obviously, I would go aggressive growth, but should I just put growth?

Aren't you a finance major?

Go aggressive. You aren't going to have much money to lose. You scale down the risk coser to retirement.

agreed..Aggressive is the way to go

Yes, but I really haven't studied this shit yet. I'm just getting into the whole gist of those courses right now. So aggressive growth? Or most aggressive?

Aggressive growth says 60% invested in domestic stocks while aggressive growth is around 70%. Absolutely no bonds in the most aggressive growth (obviously). The rest is just foreign stock.

Thanks. It kind of makes sense since 10% really isn't a lot for me lol, so what's the point of investing it into shitty ass bonds.

Stay away from muni bonds if they are sold by a "dealer". Brokered bonds are a better/safer bet, but that market may be on the cusp of diving too. There aren't many can't-miss paper type investment tools out there, so do your research.

Put it all in solar energies and pharmaceuticals

My actual boss told me to actually put into the cash "short-term" and put the money into the brokerage. Since I'm a finance major, he said I should invest in my own stocks and learn a little bit about trading. So, not sure where to go from here. I'd like to learn actually.

Yeah, I've heard good things about solar energies and pharmaceuticals but have no idea about those fields without doing research lol

Archived