• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Anyone know where I can buy a Team Germany World Juniors jersey?

Ranger Lothbrok

My best friend is about as German as they come, and he's a huge hockey fan. 6'5", blonde, fluent speaker, etc. He watches the World Juniors every year at our house and of course roots for Germany. He always talks about how cool the jerseys look, but I can only find the adult IIHF jersey, not the Juniors one. The Juniors one has the cool diagonal blended striping on the sleeves, where the regular IIHF one has straight lines all around. It's a small difference, but the Juniors one I think looks cooler.

So anyway, does anyone know if you can buy these things? Or should I just settle for the regular IIHF one?

Might still be it. I am no expert on that matter, but german national teams tend to use the same jersey on every squad, while changing it every other year to boost sales.

Also that advertising on it is really ugly, didn't know that national teams get sponsored on jerseys nowadays.

Edit: I really think that's link above is the correct jersey, at least I found an article about the Juniors team where they are wearing it.

Edit2: Could confirm it through a german hockey board, it's the same jersey.

That's not the one. I saw it in the Hockey News. I'll post images of what I found, and what I'm actually looking for.

This is what I found:

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i384/nyr199435/germanyblack_big_zpscc1abb7b.jpg

Here's what I'm looking for:

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i384/nyr199435/germany_IIHF_2008_jersey_big_zpsb23ed18f.jpg

Hm, obviously different, but that with the vertical stripes seems to be the current one.

Unfortunately DEB (german federation) sucks at merchandising or maintaining a website, so it's difficult to get the informations. But I try looking again.

Edit: Just checked the file-name of the one you looking for and it says "2008-IIHF-jersey", so that is a really old one.

Alright, well if I went for the current black one, which I probably will since it'll be easier to find, I'd need to find a XXL. Like I said, the dude's huge, and you always buy jerseys a size bigger anyway. And I wanted to get it customized. Icejerseys.com can customize one of the black ones, but the biggest size they have is XL which won't work.

So long story short: looking for a XXL or XXXL of the first jersey picture I posted that's able to be customized. Tall order, I know.

Archived