• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

UPS Question

Fuhgeddaboudit

Where did it get loaded onto the truck? You can call UPS and schedule a pick-up at the facility the item is being shipped out of (likely Maspeth).

It's at Foster Avenue in Brooklyn but he said the package is in the truck.

High volume near my area so that's why it's taking long. He has no idea if it's going to get delivered tonight... Knowing UPS, they'll deliver it Monday.

Can't do pick-up tomorrow because they are opened M-F 9-6 supposedly.. This sucks

It's at Foster Avenue in Brooklyn but he said the package is in the truck.

High volume near my area so that's why it's taking long. He has no idea if it's going to get delivered tonight... Knowing UPS, they'll deliver it Monday.

Can't do pick-up tomorrow because they are opened M-F 9-6 supposedly.. This sucks

If it's out for delivery, it's likely that the driver is just running behind. He could deliver as late as 9 or 10PM from what I recall. I'd wait it out, then call UPS if you don't get it tonight and see if you can schedule a Saturday morning pickup at the Foster Ave facility.

If somebody wants to send me something via UPS, I tell them to forget it.

2 years ago the Unbelievably Pathetic Shitheads left some valuable stuff in front of the door w/ a note that regrettably I was not at home, here's the package.

DHL aren't mych better, but I do prefer them to UPS.

Wtf? Buddy just dropped off my Fed Ex package but he was driving a Budget truck like for moving...

This goes in line with what I was going to say and backs my statement up lol. I worked for UPS for 2 years and my father has been a supervisor for 30 years. Between Black friday and the week after New Years is absolutely INSANE. I wish for people who complain to walk into the facility just to see what kind of mayhem it is. I know what you're saying... they should hire more people for the season and they absolutely do. They rent trucks (like said above) just to make deliveries and the volume is still just too large. At my current job, I service a few UPS' and they are like I have never seen before. My father works at the Foster Ave one and he has been working 72-80 hour weeks Mon-Sat 12-15 hours each day. There have been days where he gets there at 6am and leaves at midnight. All I'm saying is have a little consideration for the people doing the job. People act as if they have never made a mistake at their job. No one is perfect. Also on a side note, it says ESTIMATED delivery date, NOT GUARANTEED delivery date.

This goes in line with what I was going to say and backs my statement up lol. I worked for UPS for 2 years and my father has been a supervisor for 30 years. Between Black friday and the week after New Years is absolutely INSANE. I wish for people who complain to walk into the facility just to see what kind of mayhem it is. I know what you're saying... they should hire more people for the season and they absolutely do. They rent trucks (like said above) just to make deliveries and the volume is still just too large. At my current job, I service a few UPS' and they are like I have never seen before. My father works at the Foster Ave one and he has been working 72-80 hour weeks Mon-Sat 12-15 hours each day. There have been days where he gets there at 6am and leaves at midnight. All I'm saying is have a little consideration for the people doing the job. People act as if they have never made a mistake at their job. No one is perfect. Also on a side note, it says ESTIMATED delivery date, NOT GUARANTEED delivery date.

So December 4th is the latest estimated, does this mean ill get it the December 4th? Or is that not perfect either? Anyway, I understand this but I've heard instances where people never get their packages for weeks... So I'm a bit worried

So December 4th is the latest estimated, does this mean ill get it the December 4th? Or is that not perfect either? Anyway, I understand this but I've heard instances where people never get their packages for weeks... So I'm a bit worried

Sure it happens. Sometimes packages get misplaced. Sometimes they get damaged and have to be replaced. Most of the times when it is late it is due to high volume. Your package may be on the truck and still not delivered for a day or 2 because there are so many packages on the truck.

Sure it happens. Sometimes packages get misplaced. Sometimes they get damaged and have to be replaced. Most of the times when it is late it is due to high volume. Your package may be on the truck and still not delivered for a day or 2 because there are so many packages on the truck.

That's what the guy told me, alright no doubt maybe tomorrow. Ill keep informed. I really hope it comes soon

I hear you Chizz!!

I was a twilight supervisor for UPS back in the late 90s. The "HUB" as all of us current and former UPS employess call it, is absolutely an insane place to be in, even in the middle of the summer! But from November to January the place is nuts. I used to run an outbound area that loaded trucks and I would do 3 or 4 trucks off of 1 door in one single night, thats how nuts it was.

I remember after coming back from the strike in 97, it took at least a month just for things to calm down volume wise, and by the time we caught up the peak season started!

Archived