• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

My Friends' Heart Saves A Life

Phil

Fantastic story. I remember you talking about your friend passing away. I don't recall you telling the story on how he passed though. Very sad.

Yeah, I don't remember getting into it. It was really upsetting to begin with, so I probably wanted nothing to do with explaining that he fell and was in a coma and that his family had to pull the plug, etc.

What kills me most about all of this still is that almost all the photos of us together were on a harddrive from college that broke. I never actually got rid of it — the drive is still at my house, so one day I may try taking it to a place to see if there's any way to get into it and salvage the data.

Yeah, I don't remember getting into it. It was really upsetting to begin with, so I probably wanted nothing to do with explaining that he fell and was in a coma and that his family had to pull the plug, etc.

What kills me most about all of this still is that almost all the photos of us together were on a harddrive from college that broke. I never actually got rid of it — the drive is still at my house, so one day I may try taking it to a place to see if there's any way to get into it and salvage the data.

I do remember you being very angry and asking a lot of questions. My best friend passed away 5 years ago and I remember discussing the "angry" part of grieving with you. At least something good came out of your unfortunate situation.

Stories like this are big tear jerkers.... sorta reminded me of the movie 7 Pounds.

Still chokes me up reading about it. I didn't get through the whole article. I'll read it at home where I don't have to worry about co-workers or other people around.

Still figured it was worth sharing though.

I do remember you being very angry and asking a lot of questions. My best friend passed away 5 years ago and I remember discussing the "angry" part of grieving with you. At least something good came out of your unfortunate situation.

I don't feel angry anymore. I miss my friend, certainly, and I wish he was still here, but knowing his heart was able to save someone else's life is just such an awesome feeling — I can't even imagine being angry about this still, having read even part of the article.

• 2 weeks later...

That's an amazing story :)

Bobby adds: ?I never felt it was strange having another person?s heart beating in my body ? until I met Margaret, then that part of it became real. Now I feel I?m looking after it for someone else, and it?s looking after me.?

That part got me.

Archived