• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Phife Dawg of A Tribe Called Quest, Dead at 45

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/a-tribe-called-quests-phife-dawg-dead-at-45-20160323

Malik Taylor, the rapper known as Phife Dawg whose nimble, clever rhymes helped launch A Tribe Called Quest to both commercial and critical success, died Wednesday at the age of 45. Rolling Stone has confirmed the rapper's death, though an official statement has yet to be released.

I don't know about anyone else, but for me Tribe was top 3 all time in terms of the hip hop genre, and the balance between Q Tip and Phife was very special and unique. As a type 1 diabetic, this also stings. Seeing s guy go down likely because of that, it just proves that you really do have to take care of yourself, or else you're going out a lot quicker than you may expect. RIP to the 5 footer.

so sad....Loved ATCQ. Beasties and ATCQ were my all time favorite rap groups. I never got to see ATCQ, and I regret not seeing them when they opened for the Beasties in '94 at the Nassau Coliseum, instead I went to the MSG show b/c that was a lot more convenient for a 17 year old. When Tribe was on Jimmy Fallon a couple of months ago I thought there was going to be a glimmer of hope that they would re-unite full time and tour. Now that Phife is gone ATCQ is done. I watched the ATCQ documentary last month for like the 3rd time and Phife really struggled with his diabetes, he loved the sweets. RIP Phife

Almost every hip hop head I know, and especially those who I grew up with, absolutely loved Quest.

I never got into hip hop enough to have a rooting interest in any act, but even I can appreciate the impact of his death. This sucks. My heart goes out to his friends and family, but especially to fans.

Almost every hip hop head I know, and especially those who I grew up with, absolutely loved Quest.

I never got into hip hop enough to have a rooting interest in any act, but even I can appreciate the impact of his death. This sucks. My heart goes out to his friends and family, but especially to fans.

Yea, I think you'd be harder pressed to find someone who doesn't like Tribe.

Archived