• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Will Steven Stamkos Stay in Tampa?

According to Friedman on TJMS, Tampa "knows he wants to be there," and "it's all going to come down to, are they going to make an offer that he feels is legitimate enough?" Said he expects them to make a below market offer that's basically just high enough for him to say "yeah, I'll take it."

He ain't goin' no place....Levy or whoever it was doing the broadcast last night made such a big fucking dramatic story out of this.  The last 7 minutes of the game was a funeral for Christ sake.

All for nothing in my opinion.  The guy's getting a deal done there and he'll retire when he wants to....IN TAMPA.

That's my call and I'm sticking to it!  😃

• Bullseye 1

I can’t see him going anywhere at this point. Been there his whole career. Still plays a big role on the ice and in the room. Tampa can still compete. Plus factor in the under market value he may get from them in Florida with tax situation there, which is always an advantage for them. I see him staying and retiring there.

He's a point per game player. I can't see him taking less than what he's making now, nor should he. The question will be if Tampa wants to continue to pay that. 

On the other hand, he's made a shit ton of money and if he wants to stay in Tampa then he'll take a cut. 

The guy is still a 40 goal scorer and had 5 goals in 5 playoff games. He's also 34 and it's hard to project when (not if) he'll fall off. Tampa also only has $12.6M in cap space heading into next season.

Edited by Cash or Czech