• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lundqvist Wants to Continue NHL Career; Awaiting Medical Clearance

Keirik

You guys think he's gonna accept a backup role?

I dunno about this one... LOL

You really think so? Lundqvist has always been pretty realistic about his abilities, and especially after the medical setback I don't think he would be expecting a starter role anymore and probably resigned to a back-up or 1A/1B type situation.

You really think so? Lundqvist has always been pretty realistic about his abilities, and especially after the medical setback I don't think he would be expecting a starter role anymore and probably resigned to a back-up or 1A/1B type situation.

Honestly, you dont want a backup that "accepts" the role. You still want him to try to play like he can be a starter.

The problem with Henrik, is he plays his best when he's over played, and plays like shit with rest.

Huska and Wall have a ways to come. They need time in Hartford.

Lindbom I think we can cross off. Dude is getting shelled in minor league Sweden still.

Garrand should be the interesting one. He still has a few years before determining the long term outlook.

I hear ya Josh, but we do have some guys on the way up...you know the deal. ;)

Ahhhh, I just don't know about this one Karan. I love the guy too, but I'm just not feeling this one for some reason.

The current backup got in a fight with a teammate.

And looks really fucking awkward, always.

I hope Georgiev is gone by training camp...I agree, he looks awkward and blows on breakaways.

I'll take my homeboy Kinkaid all day back there!!