• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

CHI Trades Duncan Keith to EDM for Caleb Jones, 3rd-Round Pick

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't get it. 1st, you take a washed up player with substantial, remaining obligations. Then, in spite of that, you get no retention, THEN IN SPITE OF THAT YOU SEND MEANINGFUL ASSETS THE OTHER WAY.

lololol

I think he can actually help that group, but holy fuck.

I just don't get it. 1st, you take a washed up player with substantial, remaining obligations. Then, in spite of that, you get no retention, THEN IN SPITE OF THAT YOU SEND MEANINGFUL ASSETS THE OTHER WAY.

lololol

I think he can actually help that group, but holy fuck.

Pretty much.

giphy.gif

Hasn't really developed the way they'd hoped. But even then he was about as good a D-man last year as Keith which tells you just how bad this trade really is lol I think CHI is probably hoping to use him to lure Seth Jones over.

Keith has 100% earned the right to ask Chicago to trade him to a specific set of teams. And good on Chicago for honoring that request.

How the fuck though, are you a team that is trading for Duncan Keith, at this point in his career, and not asking for an asset to come with him to take the cap hit. To not have any retention.

Apparently, the 'asking price would have been higher to include cap retention' (saw this from an official twitter, cant remember where, sorry)

Bullshit, Keith is not the asset in this trade. We sent a 2nd rounder to get rid of Staal and they GOT a draft pick for Keith.

Im also curious what this does regarding Seattle

he brings a NMC with him.

Now you are choosing 2 of Nurse, Klefbomb and Bear to protect. Unless you trade for him and THEN ask him to waive for the expansion draft and THEN have to trade something to seattle to ask them to not take him (not that they would, but if you trade for a guy you probably dont want to risk him being taken right away)

of course, if that happens, the NHL has an old boys mentality and theyd make some kind of handshake agreement to not do it

Simply put, this move makes 0 sense for Edmonton. This couldn't have waited until after the expansion draft at least?