• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

It's Miller(s) Time

CBrowningPI

Did you see him knock that centering pass away, Nashty??? That was a "slam dunk", goal! He tapped it away like it no big deal...right to the corner! LOVED IT!! :thumbs:

Yepp great positioning on that. That play where he knocked the puck away from barzal (which incidentally I thought could have been called tripping) was fantastic as well. There was one play where he lost the puck then did like a mini spin o rama and stick lifted or poked (I forget at this point) the puck and retrieved it too. Guy is looking like an absolute steal late in the first and worth the pick they traded to move up and get him.

Yepp great positioning on that. That play where he knocked the puck away from barzal (which incidentally I thought could have been called tripping) was fantastic as well. There was one play where he lost the puck then did like a mini spin o rama and stick lifted or poked (I forget at this point) the puck and retrieved it too. Guy is looking like an absolute steal late in the first and worth the pick they traded to move up and get him.

He got puck first on that...I watched that replay....His poke check ability is uncanny! ..especially for such a big guy!

I absolute love watching this kid!!! :thumbs:

I don't want to make this into a Trouba thread, but this deal alone should get Gorton fired.

After trading for a player who was clearly forcing his way to NY, he negotiated against himself to give a player with one great year the contract fitting a great defenseman.

This will be an albatross and if it keeps us from retaining other, better, players it's a travesty. (And yes I count Zib as a better player who's at risk, even during this handful of bad games).

Agreed. What Gorton should have done was negotiate a 24 hour window to discuss what a long term extension would look like.

I don't want to make this into a Trouba thread, but this deal alone should get Gorton fired.

After trading for a player who was clearly forcing his way to NY, he negotiated against himself to give a player with one great year the contract fitting a great defenseman.

This will be an albatross and if it keeps us from retaining other, better, players it's a travesty. (And yes I count Zib as a better player who's at risk, even during this handful of bad games).

You called?