Thread: HBO's 'Watchmen'

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend

HBO's 'Watchmen'

--

Anyone catch the premiere?

Really weird, but I'm giving it a go.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Recorded it and looking forward to watching episode 1.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So is it good? Might give this a try tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    So uh who's watching the Watchmen?
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Tried like one and a half episodes. Couldn't keep my attention.

First two or three aren't great. It gets amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Great finish. This was really good. Very well-told. They could easily make it a one-off or circle back based on that cliffhanger, too.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    Tried like one and a half episodes. Couldn't keep my attention.
    This is how I felt as well. I couldn't get into it.

WATCHMEN Unlikely To Get a Second Season

It is December 15, 2019. The Watchmen season one finale is airing for the first time. It is November 9, 2018. We have just reported HBO is producing a sequel series to Alan Moore and Dave Gibbonís seminal graphic novel. It is March 15, 2022. We are still hoping a second season will take place. It is April 30, 2025. We are losing hope of Watchmen returning. Okay, weíre just guessing about those last two things. We donít actually experience time like Dr. Manhattan. Itís just that it certainly seems like thatís the fate that awaits fans of the hit HBO series. The network has said it will not go forward without show creator Damon Lindelof. Unfortunately heís not interested in returning to the series.

Lindelof told USA Today he will not be doing a second season of the critically acclaimed series because he completed the story he wanted to tell. He didnít say no one could make a second season though. Lindelof gave his ďblessingĒ to HBO to continue on without him. The problem is the network has been adamant itís not interested in going on without him. HBO programming chief Casey Bloys said this week the network has no intention of handing the series off to someone else. ďIt would be hard to imagine doing it without Damon involved in some way,Ē Bloys said. Thatís not a definitive statement, and things can always change. But that has been the consistent message from the network.

Bloys has even said the show wouldnít have to be a direct follow-up to the first season if thatís not what Lindelof would want. It could continue as an anthology series, like Fargo or True Detective. However, that doesnít seem to matter to Lindelof. Itís also debatable how much that would actually work. Anthology series normally donít have the same characters. Part of what made HBOís Watchmen so good was the way it built off of the original comic. Major figures and history from Moore and Gibbonís story were a huge part of the TV series. To tell an unrelated tale in the same world might not be as effective.
    https://nerdist.com/article/watchmen...amon-lindelof/
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens