Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 262

Thread: 2019 Off-Season Thread: Let's Get This Bread, Man

  1. #161
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Well, we sure as fuck ain't getting any sun on Long Island. 51 degrees and rain is no way to spend a day at the beach with my guitar!!!
    Dry your eyes buddy.
    It was fucking snowing here in Oslo just a couple of days ago.

  2. #162
    Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Dry your eyes buddy.
    It was fucking snowing here in Oslo just a couple of days ago.
    Global warming right???

    What bull shit that is, eh Gravy???

  3. #163
    Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Power
    35
    Joe Mich's take on the Off season: Good stuff as always with Big Joe!!!

    Talks about The rebuild at 1:20
    Fox at 2:30
    Kravtsov at 3:55
    Shestyorkin at 4:25

    Last edited by Ozzy; 05-09-2019 at 10:46 AM.

  4. #164
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    62
    "Shestertsov, the goaltender"

  5. #165
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,802
    Rep Power
    337
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BlueJackets...ed_in_florida/

    Translated interview as obtained through The Official Florida Panthers Facebook Group:

    Panarin’s Live Feed From Miami, with a Fan, his friend and Celebrity Show Host Stan, and Bob (TRANSLATED)

    Panarin is asking who watched CBJ playoffs (no reply from fans)
    -Fans say come to play with Dadonov, and Panarin says that Florida has no fans in the stands
    -Panarin says Vegas is an awesome team. The atmosphere is the best in the NHL

    -Panarin still doesn't know English but plans to study this summer
    mentioned Bobrovsky every other word
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  6. #166
    Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    TwoMinutesForNothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    6,776
    Rep Power
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BlueJackets...ed_in_florida/

    Translated interview as obtained through The Official Florida Panthers Facebook Group:

    Panarin’s Live Feed From Miami, with a Fan, his friend and Celebrity Show Host Stan, and Bob (TRANSLATED)




    mentioned Bobrovsky every other word
    So what does this mean? He's not going to Florida?

  7. #167
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,802
    Rep Power
    337
    Not much. He does these often. He takes jabs at everyone, having fun in the process. It's a harmless comment, but funny.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  8. #168
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Lt. Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    12,431
    Rep Power
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    "Shestertsov, the goaltender"
    I lol'd.

  9. #169
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    11,070
    Rep Power
    143
    Vegas might have the best thing going in the NHL right now.

    Vibe there is amazing


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  10. #170
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Gunnar Stahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    516
    Rep Power
    9
    Is anyone else worried that Ruff is still with the team?
    I don't always back check, but when I do, I follow it up with a nasty wrister from a tight angle. Stay filthy, my friends. Hidden Content

  11. #171
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,802
    Rep Power
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl View Post
    Is anyone else worried that Ruff is still with the team?
    Yes. I saw an article earlier about "Former Buffalo Sabres... leaving NY"
    Unfortunately, it was Shoenfeld
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  12. #172
    Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    "Shestertsov, the goaltender"
    I demand a boycott of all Rangers tix and merch until there is an agreed on spelling and pronunciation for the name of the new goalie from Russia. All the different iterations make my head hurt.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  13. #173
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,802
    Rep Power
    337
    they went with Shesterkin when announcing the signing
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  14. #174
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    62
    Well it’s definitely not Shestertsov.

  15. #175
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So Nashty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,781
    Rep Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl View Post
    Is anyone else worried that Ruff is still with the team?
    Off season ain’t over yet;


    http://foreverblueshirts.com/rangers...-to-part-ways/


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  16. #176
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,802
    Rep Power
    337
    Panarin - Zibanejad - Kakko
    Buchnevich/Kreider - Chytil - Kravtsov
    Lemieux - Andersson - ______
    _____ - Howden - ________

    Miller - Fox
    Hájek - DeAngelo
    Rykov - Lundkvist
    Reunanen - Lindgren
    Skjei

    1.) not worried about the bottom 6. If any player projection doesn’t pan out, they can play a bottom 6 role.
    2.) barring two drastic improvements, Buchnevich and Kreider can not Ben expected to Ben top line wingers on a competitive team moving forward. A 1-time 70-point center flanked by a 50- and 40-point winger doesn’t scream success.
    3.) you have to pencil in Kakko or Kravtsov as a top line player. Andersson isn’t projecting to be one, and the Rangers can’t afford another top 10 (or the #2) to not meet expectations. And one should be a top 6 winger.
    4.) The Hole. 2nd line ... wing? Time to see if Chytil can eventually be that #2 C. Try now, to determine the need to find a capable 2C for the foreseeable future. Chytil can shift to 2nd line wing.
    5.) Panarin rounds out the top 6. He allows Kreider or Buchnevich a better spot on the second line. You can anticipate a line of Panarin - Zibanejad- Kakko to push PPG, reasonably. 2nd line being mid 50s - 70point guys . 3rd liners getting near 50.
    6.) defense looks good. Still might be missing that true #1, but a great mix of skill, athleticism, scoring and physical
    Play.
    7.) with the #20 pick, I’d still target a highly skilled forward. A replacement for kreider/Buchnevich can aid the offense, push Kreider/Buchnevich to third or move them for a defender
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  17. #177
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,370
    Rep Power
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Panarin - Zibanejad - Kakko
    Buchnevich/Kreider - Chytil - Kravtsov
    Lemieux - Andersson - ______
    _____ - Howden - ________

    Miller - Fox
    Hájek - DeAngelo
    Rykov - Lundkvist
    Reunanen - Lindgren
    Skjei

    1.) not worried about the bottom 6. If any player projection doesn’t pan out, they can play a bottom 6 role.
    2.) barring two drastic improvements, Buchnevich and Kreider can not Ben expected to Ben top line wingers on a competitive team moving forward. A 1-time 70-point center flanked by a 50- and 40-point winger doesn’t scream success.
    3.) you have to pencil in Kakko or Kravtsov as a top line player. Andersson isn’t projecting to be one, and the Rangers can’t afford another top 10 (or the #2) to not meet expectations. And one should be a top 6 winger.
    4.) The Hole. 2nd line ... wing? Time to see if Chytil can eventually be that #2 C. Try now, to determine the need to find a capable 2C for the foreseeable future. Chytil can shift to 2nd line wing.
    5.) Panarin rounds out the top 6. He allows Kreider or Buchnevich a better spot on the second line. You can anticipate a line of Panarin - Zibanejad- Kakko to push PPG, reasonably. 2nd line being mid 50s - 70point guys . 3rd liners getting near 50.
    6.) defense looks good. Still might be missing that true #1, but a great mix of skill, athleticism, scoring and physical
    Play.
    7.) with the #20 pick, I’d still target a highly skilled forward. A replacement for kreider/Buchnevich can aid the offense, push Kreider/Buchnevich to third or move them for a defender
    Miller is going back to school. Already been said. Skjei isn't a #7 D man. I know you hate him, but he's better than everyone you have in the top 6.

  18. #178
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,488
    Rep Power
    121
    Chytil absolutely needs to go back to center. He got his feet wet last year. Now put him back where he’s supposed to play.
    GORTON 2020

  19. #179
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,803
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Panarin - Zibanejad - Kakko
    Buchnevich/Kreider - Chytil - Kravtsov
    Lemieux - Andersson - ______
    _____ - Howden - ________

    Miller - Fox
    Hájek - DeAngelo
    Rykov - Lundkvist
    Reunanen - Lindgren
    Skjei

    1.) not worried about the bottom 6. If any player projection doesn’t pan out, they can play a bottom 6 role.
    2.) barring two drastic improvements, Buchnevich and Kreider can not Ben expected to Ben top line wingers on a competitive team moving forward. A 1-time 70-point center flanked by a 50- and 40-point winger doesn’t scream success.
    3.) you have to pencil in Kakko or Kravtsov as a top line player. Andersson isn’t projecting to be one, and the Rangers can’t afford another top 10 (or the #2) to not meet expectations. And one should be a top 6 winger.
    4.) The Hole. 2nd line ... wing? Time to see if Chytil can eventually be that #2 C. Try now, to determine the need to find a capable 2C for the foreseeable future. Chytil can shift to 2nd line wing.
    5.) Panarin rounds out the top 6. He allows Kreider or Buchnevich a better spot on the second line. You can anticipate a line of Panarin - Zibanejad- Kakko to push PPG, reasonably. 2nd line being mid 50s - 70point guys . 3rd liners getting near 50.
    6.) defense looks good. Still might be missing that true #1, but a great mix of skill, athleticism, scoring and physical
    Play.
    7.) with the #20 pick, I’d still target a highly skilled forward. A replacement for kreider/Buchnevich can aid the offense, push Kreider/Buchnevich to third or move them for a defender
    I presume this is the vision 2-3 years from now and what the lineup may look like. A lot rides on those defensive prospects panning out.

    One thing I'll point out with regards to Buchnevich is that even though I was disappointed with his season as a whole last year given that I thought he was ready to explode into a top 6 forward, he did finish strong. I still think he has a lot more potential than the production we've seen from him thus far. I hope Quinn began to unlock that potential towards the end of last year. 22 points in his last 31 games. I think it's still a reasonable possibility we haven't seen Buch anywhere near his peak.

  20. #180
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,802
    Rep Power
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    I presume this is the vision 2-3 years from now and what the lineup may look like. A lot rides on those defensive prospects panning out.

    One thing I'll point out with regards to Buchnevich is that even though I was disappointed with his season as a whole last year given that I thought he was ready to explode into a top 6 forward, he did finish strong. I still think he has a lot more potential than the production we've seen from him thus far. I hope Quinn began to unlock that potential towards the end of last year. 22 points in his last 31 games. I think it's still a reasonable possibility we haven't seen Buch anywhere near his peak.
    I’ve been pushing for a 1 year contract for Buchnevich so he can prove just that. I’d rather him put up 50 points and pay him 5x5 next offseason than pay 4.5 now and he goes back to being a regular scratch/4th liner for 5 seasons. I’d love to see him be that guy, but my mind is wandering
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •