Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Build the Most Underrated Lineup

  1. #1
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    87,054
    Rep Power
    473

    Build the Most Underrated Lineup

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #2
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,243
    Rep Power
    347
    Gallagher - Barkov - Radulov

    Brodie - Hainsey
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  3. #3
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    87,054
    Rep Power
    473
    Connor / O’ Reilly / Stone
    Miller / Lindholm
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  4. #4
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division pws85nyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    638
    Rep Power
    18
    Guentzel-Barkov-Wheeler

    Hedman-Reilly

    Crawford

    McDonagh would have made the list in years past, and Scheifele a close 2nd to Barkov.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,782
    Rep Power
    68
    Hedman just won the Norris, I'm pretty sure he's not underrated.
    The same goes for Wheeler, certainly.
    Scheifele is seen as one of the top centers in the game by anyone who isn't a total weapon.

    I'd agree Barkov probably isn't rated as highly as he should be by a fair amount of people.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division pws85nyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    638
    Rep Power
    18

    Build the Most Underrated Lineup

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Hedman just won the Norris, I'm pretty sure he's not underrated.
    The same goes for Wheeler, certainly.
    Scheifele is seen as one of the top centers in the game by anyone who isn't a total weapon.

    I'd agree Barkov probably isn't rated as highly as he should be by a fair amount of people.
    So you disagree then right?

    I completely forgot Hedman won the Norris to be fair, so I'll take that one.
    Last edited by pws85nyr; 08-28-2018 at 04:02 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,560
    Rep Power
    96
    Underrated and overrated is so dependent on one's perception of what others perceive.

    Given all the recognition and $ Ryan O'Reilly has received over the years, how is he on the list. Same for Giroux. The difference is Claude is not an underachiever, while ROR is almost overrated.

    Based on general fan perceptions from various forums I'll stick with two guys on the list, I mentioned last year. Mark Stone and Jaden Schwartz.

    Not on the same level, but Miller is a good call since some thought he sucked just a year ago. Marchessault was considered a one year wonder in Fla. However, only if you missed Vegas in the playoffs last year, could you call him underrated now. He and Marchand, Schiefele and Connor are likely no longer underrated.

    Provorov is a good choice simply because he looks like he may become one of the best Dmen in the world. Outside of Philly, many may not realize how good he seems to be.

    Who is not on the list? Ryan Ellis use to make this list. Stralman too. They've gotten recognition outside their market at this point, so who takes their spot? I'll go with Josh Manson. Like Stone he brings an all around game and leadership. As a bonus he is also the rare tough SOB who doesn't take stupid penalties or gratuitously try to injure an opponent with head shots like a Wilson.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 08-30-2018 at 10:28 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,440
    Rep Power
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post

    Provorov is a good choice simply because he looks like he may become one of the best Dmen in the world. Outside of Philly, many may not realize how good he seems to be.

    Who is not on the list? Ryan Ellis use to make this list. Stralman too. They've gotten recognition outside their market at this point, so who takes their spot? I'll go with Josh Manson. Like Stone he brings an all around game and leadership. As a bonus he is also the rare tough SOB who doesn't take stupid penalties or gratuitously try to injure an opponent with head shots like a Wilson.
    How he isn't seen as one of the best in the game I have no idea
    __________________________________

  9. #9
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,560
    Rep Power
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    How he isn't seen as one of the best in the game I have no idea
    I hear ya. McAvoy got all the rookie Dman press and was very deserving, but Provorov may be better. Sergachev got the hype too, but Provorov is going to be much better IMO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •