Thread: Rangers Assign G Alexandar Georgiev to HFD

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend

Rangers Assign G Alexandar Georgiev to HFD

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Really sucks to go out that way. Kid did a great job. Can’t wait to see more next season.
    GORTON 2020

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    I guess. The season is over, though. My guess is they're just trying to get Pavelec a few more starts to help him get another job next season.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    This is really surprising. Two more starts aren't going to do anything for Palevec, either here or somewhere else. One bad performance and Georgiev is shipped out. This could presage an ultimate decision that he would be better served by 50 starts in Hartford rather than 25 in New York next year.

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    Why not play Georgiev the majority of games!?

B/c he could play in Hartford, why carry 3 goalies? Georgiev can play 5-6 games in Hartford whereas he would probably just play 2-3 if Lundqvist is good to go. We know Lundqvist has a lot of pride and isnt going to shut himself down the last 6 games. Rangers have ZERO to play for so let Pavelec play the 2-3 games that Georgiev would have played and gain some confidence going into the offseason. Georgiev has nothing left to prove, he did a solid job as Lundqvist's backup and as long as nothing drastic happens has one foot in the door as the backup for next season.

Figure Lundqvist is playing tomorrow vs. Washington, Friday vs. TB (last home game), vs. NJ (hopefully playing sort of spoiler) and either Isles or Philly. Pavelec vs. Canes and either Isles/or Philly or both.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Why let him be subjected any more to this shit show of a defense.

kid was good. im sure we will see him a lot more next season.

Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Why let him be subjected any more to this shit show of a defense.
    I'm with you on this, but I think it's just shitty timing for a kid that's done a really good job.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I'm with you on this, but I think it's just shitty timing for a kid that's done a really good job.
    Why's it shitty? It's not a demotion. They have 2 NHL caliber goalies. There is no reason to keep 3.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Pavelec has done nothing wrong, either. In fact, I'd say he's been pretty good considering their attention to their own end.

Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Why's it shitty? It's not a demotion. They have 2 NHL caliber goalies. There is no reason to keep 3.
    Going down after getting the hook....eh, just seems like he's going down on a bad note....I guess it's no big deal at this level, but he deserved a better send off I suppose.

As Gorton’s team prepared for Wednesday night’s second leg of a home-and-home with the Capitals in Washington, he sent rookie goalie Alexandar Georgiev back to AHL Hartford. That is where the 22-year-old likely will play out the season after an eye-opening NHL-debut run of nine starts (10 appearances) with a .918 save percentage — a number sorely adjusted after his worst performance of the bunch, giving up three goals on six shots in the opening 8:54 of Monday night’s 4-2 loss to the Capitals at the Garden.
    With starter Henrik Lundqvist set to return Wednesday, the Rangers figured it was best to send Georgiev back to the Wolf Pack. His audition, however, put the undrafted kid from Bulgaria right in the mix for the backup role next season.
    “He’s proven himself well, he’s been a good find for us, good story,” Gorton said. “I’d hate to say we made any decisions for next year, but he certainly put himself in the conversation.”
    https://nypost.com/2018/03/28/ranger...on-winds-down/