• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Disturbed Back Together

NYR2711

Disturbed has gotten back together and made a new album to be released on August 18th I believe. They released a new song which is pretty good, they picked up where they left off, but the new video is pretty fucked up. Im glad they got back together, Device wasn't that great. Hoping the new album is just as good as when the took a hiatus, and here is the new video:

[video=youtube;8nW-IPrzM1g]

I've always enjoyed Disturbed. They are easy for me listen to. Oddly, I probably would not list them as a top 10 or maybe even top 15 of mine in terms of bands. It's as if I like them on the surface (enough to have a few albums) but the deep down connection is lacking.

I like this new song a lot. The video.....I get but it does nothing extra for me. Probably an album I won't mind dropping $$$ on since I'm itching for new music from my known bands of the past.

To me this is easy listening hard rock.

I've always enjoyed Disturbed. They are easy for me listen to. Oddly, I probably would not list them as a top 10 or maybe even top 15 of mine in terms of bands. It's as if I like them on the surface (enough to have a few albums) but the deep down connection is lacking.

I like this new song a lot. The video.....I get but it does nothing extra for me. Probably an album I won't mind dropping $$$ on since I'm itching for new music from my known bands of the past.

To me this is easy listening hard rock.

I agree, they are kind of like Sevendust to me. I see them on my iPod and am like, oh shit, I haven't listened to them in a while and go on a kick. They are one of those bands where you know your getting good music from every time you listen. I will get the new album when it comes out as well.

On a side note, have you listened to Tremonti yet? I like the song I heard, and I heard Jamey Jasta swing the album is great, but I haven't heard anything else yet by them. Im just curious if they are someone I should check out.

I agree, they are kind of like Sevendust to me. I see them on my iPod and am like, oh shit, I haven't listened to them in a while and go on a kick. They are one of those bands where you know your getting good music from every time you listen. I will get the new album when it comes out as well.

On a side note, have you listened to Tremonti yet? I like the song I heard, and I heard Jamey Jasta swing the album is great, but I haven't heard anything else yet by them. Im just curious if they are someone I should check out.

Tremonti? Not yet, but I just brought the new album up on YouTube and am listening now. I'm a few songs in. It's not bad....the vocals are a bit too "ballady" to me but this is a first listen. I usually like my vocals a bit more brash. The band sounds good though overall.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally was able to give this album a few playthrough's (on youtube) prior to purchasing. I like it like I've enjoyed all Disturbed albums. Not wildly amazed by it, but not disappointed at all. Solid 8/10 or maybe a bit higher. Strangely, the Sound of Silence cover I find mesmerizing. I love it. Almost gives me goosebumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN8wSwmqjpk

I'll be giving it another listen tonight while working out. I'll see if anything other songs stand out.

• 6 months later...
Finally was able to give this album a few playthrough's (on youtube) prior to purchasing. I like it like I've enjoyed all Disturbed albums. Not wildly amazed by it, but not disappointed at all. Solid 8/10 or maybe a bit higher. Strangely, the Sound of Silence cover I find mesmerizing. I love it. Almost gives me goosebumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN8wSwmqjpk

I'll be giving it another listen tonight while working out. I'll see if anything other songs stand out.

Mesmerized by Sound of Silence as well. Amazing when hard rock/metal bands redo pop songs when they turn out right

Archived