• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Arcade Fire Releases New Album "Reflektor"

Jules

Finally, here it is. Three and a half years of waiting since their Grammy-winning album The Suburbs came out, Arcade Fire finally released their newest work. The album Reflektor is very different from the previous work, with more of a musical overarching theme than lyrically, and with a new production team, including LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy as top producer and with legendary rocker David Bowie as musical advisor.

The album was supposed to be released this weekend, but it has been leaked (happened yesterday) and to curb people's desire to download, the band has opted to stream the album as a whole on YouTube and other websites. The actual release will be soon, including hard copies with unique artwork by director and photographer Anton Corbijn.

Any other Arcade Fire fans here? Any first thoughts on the album? Here's a link to the full album, but it's only up temporarily - as a listen before the album comes out legally in two days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBjqUEMlHTY

---

I'm surprised, above all. I was a huge fan since Neon Bible and this album breaks away from what the band used to do. It's still unique, it still has that beautiful sound of the multiple voices, the great lyrics and awesome guitar play, but the music leans towards dance at times, there are less violins and orchestra moments and it's really a new style of obviously the same band.

Reviews have been good to great, and I agree, but mostly loving the work this album doesn't replicate, it takes a while to really love it probably. It's by no means bad, or even mediocre, I think it's an awesome record after a couple listens already, but it's surprisingly Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones and David Bowie at times and not as much 2010's indie as it used to be.

Favorite songs for now? Opener Reflektor was awesome from the start, the great dark rock song Normal Person is a great new avenue for the band, and definitely Joan of Arc as a live song for the tour.

I'm going 8.5/10 and that number might end up higher.

Finally, here it is. Three and a half years of waiting since their Grammy-winning album The Suburbs came out, Arcade Fire finally released their newest work. The album Reflektor is very different from the previous work, with more of a musical overarching theme than lyrically, and with a new production team, including LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy as top producer and with legendary rocker David Bowie as musical advisor.

The album was supposed to be released this weekend, but it has been leaked (happened yesterday) and to curb people's desire to download, the band has opted to stream the album as a whole on YouTube and other websites. The actual release will be soon, including hard copies with unique artwork by director and photographer Anton Corbijn.

Any other Arcade Fire fans here? Any first thoughts on the album? Here's a link to the full album, but it's only up temporarily - as a listen before the album comes out legally in two days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBjqUEMlHTY

---

I'm surprised, above all. I was a huge fan since Neon Bible and this album breaks away from what the band used to do. It's still unique, it still has that beautiful sound of the multiple voices, the great lyrics and awesome guitar play, but the music leans towards dance at times, there are less violins and orchestra moments and it's really a new style of obviously the same band.

Reviews have been good to great, and I agree, but mostly loving the work this album doesn't replicate, it takes a while to really love it probably. It's by no means bad, or even mediocre, I think it's an awesome record after a couple listens already, but it's surprisingly Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones and David Bowie at times and not as much 2010's indie as it used to be.

Favorite songs for now? Opener Reflektor was awesome from the start, the great dark rock song Normal Person is a great new avenue for the band, and definitely Joan of Arc as a live song for the tour.

I'm going 8.5/10 and that number might end up higher.

I listened to it on the train yesterday in its entirety. I loved it. Great sound. The Floyd/Stones/Bowie sound is spot on Jules and thats what I love about it. Don't get me wrong, I love their orchestral sound before this, but this is a great album.

Favorite songs so far are Reflektor, We Exist, Normal Person, and It's Never Over (Oh Orpheus). The latter is eerie and so true.

Archived