• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Santo Domingo, D.R.

Fuhgeddaboudit

Anyone has ever been to Santo Domingo before?

Is it really worth it to pay $1500 all-inclusive for only 4 nights?

I find that a rip-off, but I got asked to go and you wouldn't believe what time of the year it is.... maybe that's why it's so expensive.

Anyone, worth it or really not?

Is it with airfare?

Yes, Dreams.

But around that time (december) it would cost around $2000.

If we went another time, it would cost cheaper would it not?

July-end of September is probably the cheapest time to go....HURRICANE SEASON!

Most expensive is holiday seasons (Xmas, New Years, MLK Day, Presidents Day, Easter, Passover, Spring Break)

Everything in between is a bit cheaper.

July-end of September is probably the cheapest time to go....HURRICANE SEASON!

Most expensive is holiday seasons (Xmas, New Years, MLK Day, Presidents Day, Easter, Passover, Spring Break)

Everything in between is a bit cheaper.

That's what I figured. I am not really not that fond going around that holiday (post-christmas about - pre-new years) so I'm going to see what I can discuss with them.

]I always did my Caribbean trips in February or March, weather was most tranquil, and pre-hurricane season. It's also a downtime between major holidays and it gets you the hell away from the cold of NYC. It's not a place where you want to "cheap out" on prices for places to stay though....it rough country outside of the resorts. You get what you pay for, just remember that.

With that said, the Dominican Republic (I stayed in Punta Cana) has the most beautiful beaches I've ever been too. 100% Paradise.

http://s14.postimage.org/bmzyrpnc1/wow.jpg

I did Breezes in Puta Cana, D.R. about 5 years ago and it was around $1200 total.

THing about D.R. is though, don't expect to even step off of the resort unless you're going on some guided 4-wheel tour or something. Honestly I would never do it again for that reason, but if you dont care about that aspect of it and you just want the resort, then do it. And get laid. When I went there were mostly British people and a lot of teenagers. Girls are incredibly easy at those resorts so don't come back to the states without a story or two..

Also, the family i went with traveled a LOT and spent a lot of time at all inclusive resorts everywhere. They weren't happy with Breezes in Puta Cana specifically. I would agree that the food sucked tip, but there was a swim up bar so I was happy.

Archived