• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Two Years After Death, Woman Gets Her Family A Unique Christmas Wish

Jules

A woman dies from cancer and leaves a friend with a task, which is to deliver a letter to a radio station containing Christmas wishes for her young boys, her husband and his now new partner. She specifically asked for it not to be send, until he had found a new love and moved on.

This is really, really amazing.

[video=youtube;AG-xGNh3diw]

Was anyone else like "Isn't 2 years quick to be engaged after the death of a spouse?"

That was my first thought too, but gathering from the late wife's letter they are religious and there are also obvious advantages, especially financially, to marrying a partner in some situations. I can see both of those things factoring into the decision. People find different ways of dealing with things or simply just moving on.

Nonetheless, I was moved by the selflessness of the late woman and how much she reached out to the new lady.

I don't know, I had a gf for 8 years and I'm still not over her 100%. And she broke up with me the night the rangers got bounced from the ECF. Almost 2 years ago, lol.

How can a guy meet a girl and just get engaged so quickly lol.

Archived