• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Red Wings Sign Vladimir Tarasenko to a 2 Years/$9.25m Deal; $4.75m AAV

• RichieNextel305 changed the title to Red Wings Sign Vladimir Tarasenko to a 2 Years/$9.25m Deal; $4.75m AAV
11 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Drury keeps missing on players that could help on the RW that aren’t costing a lot aka Kane and now Tarasenko.   Makes you wonder if something happened while they were here two years ago.  

I think it's more just that they can't go two years on these guys. 

I think there's two threads on this conversation or it's happening in two different threads, but I said  elsewhere that if you want to give Lafreniere 8 to 10 million and Igor ten to 12, you can't go two years with these UFAs.

It's either that or people see what's going on and they just don't want to be bothered with this organization. 

Again, I highly doubt Drury is just sitting around doing nothing. There's a reason this is all happening and it's hard to believe it's a coincidence.

• Bullseye 2

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

I think it's more just that they can't go two years on these guys. 

I think there's two threads on this conversation or it's happening in two different threads, but I said  elsewhere that if you want to give Lafreniere 8 to 10 million and Igor ten to 12, you can't go two years with these UFAs.

It's either that or people see what's going on and they just don't want to be bothered with this organization. 

Again, I highly doubt Drury is just sitting around doing nothing. There's a reason this is all happening and it's hard to believe it's a coincidence.

There has to be a reason the Rangers are missing out on these players.   We probably will never know the full story.  Could be something from when they played here.  It could be from past dealings with the organization.  Could be because they didn’t try to re-sign them last year.  Could be because Drury didn’t want to give them the term they wanted.  Could be because they wanted more money to play in NY.  Could be because Drury was counting on more cap space from trading Trouba.  Too many could be’s to know for sure.  

10 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

There has to be a reason the Rangers are missing out on these players.   We probably will never know the full story.  Could be something from when they played here.  It could be from past dealings with the organization.  Could be because they didn’t try to re-sign them last year.  Could be because Drury didn’t want to give them the term they wanted.  Could be because they wanted more money to play in NY.  Could be because Drury was counting on more cap space from trading Trouba.  Too many could be’s to know for sure.  

Agree. It's hard enough to speculate based on the limited info we have, let alone try and read someone's mind as to why they are doing what they are doing.

• Keeps it 100 1