• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Filip Chytil, Artemi Panarin Day-to-day With Upper-body Injuries

Phil

My advice: get used to this. They're gonna get hurt a lot/often this year IMO. Comes with the territory of playing an aggressive forechecking game. I can't speak to Lavs' systems with any authority, but everything I'm reading suggests he's going to demand a lot of highly-physical puck battles along the boards. That's bound to result in lots of "upper-body" injuries.

• Phil changed the title to Filip Chytil, Artemi Panarin Day-to-day With Upper-body Injuries
Just now, RangersIn7 said:

This has all devolved into I don’t know what.

I thought we were Rangers fans fellas.

If you want to continuously just be negative, be Mets fans or Jets fans. 

Here's where it came from...Most knew the coach was the problem last year, but a certain subset wanted to blame the players and create a narrative that they are soft, cancers, country club, etc., even though the players asked to be coached and challenged at exit meetings.

Some people just can't let their own reality go, so they just live there.

• LMFAO 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

Here's where it came from...Most knew the coach was the problem last year, but a certain subset wanted to blame the players and create a narrative that they are soft, cancers, country club, etc., even though the players asked to be coached and challenged at exit meetings.

I get that.

But… you don’t win 100 games in 2 years and all that jazz because you’re soft or bad at hockey or it’s smoke and mirrors or what have you.

When they go that way, they’re completely missing the mark. And if you miss the mark like that, it’s most likely cause the people saying that shit are stupid and don’t know shit. 

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

this has to be a record..lol

30 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Any update on Chytil?

We don't have Crapsoft around anymore to make Chytil not look injury prone.

It's a bummer, but you can probably never expect more than 65ish games from him. Anything above that is a bonus.

Guy gets hurt everywhere he plays, whether it's world championships or training camp. 

• Keeps it 100 1

On 9/27/2023 at 12:59 PM, RangersIn7 said:

This has all devolved into I don’t know what.

I thought we were Rangers fans fellas.

If you want to continuously just be negative, be Mets fans or Jets fans. 

What’s your classification of a fan? Endless pom pom waving and buying into any spin that comes out of the org?

There’s zero difference between being a Mets, Jets, or Rangers fan. Stuck in futility, rinsing/repeating the same strategies. Clamoring for actual change is what passionate fans should openly express, and sticking through it hoping it changes. That’s what I would consider a real fan. Knowing they are not on an optimal path and sticking with it anyway. Blindly expecting a third coach to just stroll in and solve the same issues that exist in the core of the team? You do you, but get off your high horse. It doesn’t make you a better fan. It just makes you an easier fan to please with lower standards.

There's no comparison between being a Jets fan and a Rangers fan.  Jets fans would love the competitive but very low chance at a championship thing that the Rangers have going.

The only comparison between the two organizations is that they are both overly hung up on marketing the product vs letting the product on the ice/field market itself.  For the Jets this is obviously due to the fact that nobody in the organization from the owners on down is competent at their job.  For the Rangers it's unclear where the Peter Principle begins but it's clearly there at the ownership level - which wasn't promoted to the point of incompetence but began there.

58 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

What’s your classification of a fan? Endless pom pom waving and buying into any spin that comes out of the org?

There’s zero difference between being a Mets, Jets, or Rangers fan. Stuck in futility, rinsing/repeating the same strategies. Clamoring for actual change is what passionate fans should openly express, and sticking through it hoping it changes. That’s what I would consider a real fan. Knowing they are not on an optimal path and sticking with it anyway. Blindly expecting a third coach to just stroll in and solve the same issues that exist in the core of the team? You do you, but get off your high horse. It doesn’t make you a better fan. It just makes you an easier fan to please with lower standards.

And you're telling other people to get off their high horse? What a fucking hypocrite. 

The rest of the post is just nonsense. What you want has little to no effect on what the team actually does. As a fan, you can either be positive about an upcoming season that hasn't even started, or you can wallow in the negativity because the team didn't make the moves you wanted them to make.

You're choosing to do the latter, and it doesn't make you a fan with high standards. It just makes you someone who's complaining because the team didn't do what you wanted them to do. But that doesn't make it wrong. The idea that coaching can change a lot was debated all summer and there's plenty of proof points that coaching can make a big difference. You just don't want to listen to them because again it's not YOUR preferred path.

What a crock. 

Edited by Pete

31 minutes ago, Br4d said:

There's no comparison between being a Jets fan and a Rangers fan.  Jets fans would love the competitive but very low chance at a championship thing that the Rangers have going.

The only comparison between the two organizations is that they are both overly hung up on marketing the product vs letting the product on the ice/field market itself.  For the Jets this is obviously due to the fact that nobody in the organization from the owners on down is competent at their job.  For the Rangers it's unclear where the Peter Principle begins but it's clearly there at the ownership level - which wasn't promoted to the point of incompetence but began there.

I am talking long term view, not short term. Yes right now, in the most recent 10 years, it’s been better to be a Rangers fan. In the 00s it was better to be a Jets fan as they made back to back AFC championship appearances. Fact of the matter is when it comes down to counting the hardware that matters though, there is no difference.

• Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

And you're telling other people to get off their high horse? What a fucking hypocrite. 

The rest of the post is just nonsense. What you want has little to no effect on what the team actually does. As a fan, you can either be positive about an upcoming season that hasn't even started, or you can wallow in the negativity because the team didn't make the moves you wanted them to make.

You're choosing to do the latter, and it doesn't make you a fan with high standards. It just makes you someone who's complaining because the team didn't do what you wanted them to do. But that doesn't make it wrong. The idea that coaching can change a lot was debated all summer and there's plenty of proof points that coaching can make a big difference. You just don't want to listen to them because again it's not YOUR preferred path.

What a crock. 

Didn’t you just brag about being negative saying the team wasn’t as good as their record for two years? Lmao.

You’re just upset my pessimism doesn’t align with yours. As usual, you can’t take disagreement.

29 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Didn’t you just brag about being negative saying the team wasn’t as good as their record for two years? Lmao.

You’re just upset my pessimism doesn’t align with yours. As usual, you can’t take disagreement.

My point was that the coaching was terrible, not that the roster construction was poor. That's not negativity, that's observation and assessment. This team hasn't played a regular season game for their new coach and you are already saying that coaching won't make a difference. Again, horrific takes. 

Again, there's valid criticism, and then there's what you do. If that's what you consider disagreement, and that's what you think I can't take, then you're right. 

Edited by Pete

34 minutes ago, Pete said:

My point was that the coaching was terrible, not that the roster construction was poor. That's not negativity, that's observation and assessment. This team hasn't played a regular season game for their new coach and you are already saying that coaching won't make a difference. Again, horrific takes. 

Again, there's valid criticism, and then there's what you do. If that's what you consider disagreement, and that's what you think I can't take, then you're right. 

Being critical of the coaching isn’t any different than being critical of the players.  Being critical of star players, who get paid the most money, when their playoff performance and stats look how they do is also based on observation and assessment. For whatever reason, that gets your panties in a bunch. Hypocrisy only begins to explain your take here.

Changing the coach can make a difference. I just think the team needs more than that. I’ve said that repeatedly. Again you are constructing a false misrepresentation about anything I’ve said. Make no mistake, that’s the real troll behavior here.

Edited by BrooksBurner

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Being critical of the coaching isn’t any different than being critical of the players.  Being critical of star players, who get paid the most money, when their playoff performance and stats look how they do is also based on observation and assessment. For whatever reason, that gets your panties in a bunch. Hypocrisy only begins to explain your take here.

Changing the coach can make a difference. I just think the team needs more than that. I’ve said that repeatedly. Again you are constructing a false misrepresentation about anything I’ve said. Make no mistake, that’s the real troll behavior here.

Your solution to fixing the team has been trading their best player and giving more ice time to their laziest forward.

Every other thing they have done you have met with negativity. Every little feel-good moment has been downplayed. They hired exactly the kinds of coaches that they needed, no acknowledgment of a job well done. A player has a good preseason and rather than acknowledging it the first thing you say is preseason doesn't mean anything. 

Again, it's one thing to be critical, and it's one thing to be completely negative about everything. You are the latter. If you can't see the difference, then there's nothing left to discuss. If you can't find a reason to be optimistic at the beginning of the season, then why bother? If it's cup or bust for you then you're always going to be disappointed so it seems illogical that you would spend so much time doing something that disappoints you so greatly, so often. One would have to wonder why you even bother. 

What's worse is that you consider yourself to be some type of higher level fan than those of us who are excited about the season, do look for the positives even if they are in preseason, etc.

You don't have higher standards, you're just a miserable "fan". You're literally the dude from the Major League GIF. 

Edited by Pete

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Your solution to fixing the team has been trading their best player and giving more ice time to their laziest forward.

Every other thing they have done you have met with negativity. Every little feel-good moment has been downplayed. They hired exactly the kinds of coaches that they needed, no acknowledgment of a job well done. A player has a good preseason and rather than acknowledging it the first thing you say is preseason doesn't mean anything. 

Again, it's one thing to be critical, and it's one thing to be completely negative about everything. You are the latter. If you can't see the difference, then there's nothing left to discuss. If you can't find a reason to be optimistic at the beginning of the season, then why bother? If it's cup or bust for you then you're always going to be disappointed so it seems illogical that you would spend so much time doing something that disappoints you so greatly, so often. One would have to wonder why you even bother. 

What's worse is that you consider yourself to be some type of higher level fan than those of us who are excited about the season, do look for the positives even if they are in preseason, etc.

You don't have higher standards, you're just a miserable "fan". You're literally the dude from the Major League GIF. 

You’re actually more negative/critical about players in general than I am. You’ve whined about Kreider and Trouba for years. I’m just mostly critical about Panarin and his cap hit %. You just can’t take it and it’s been really funny to see you lose your shit all offseason about it.

• LMFAO 1