• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pens Clean House: Fire Ron Hextall, Brian Burke, and Chris Pryor

Phil

Four straight first round losses and these clowns still hadn't got the memo that the 2018 team was not going to win a cup in 2023, so they created the hockey equivilent of Jurassic Park.

It is especially gratifying that they went out so ignominously this year, repeatedly losing games against lame teams and simply refusing to take a playoff spot that was being handed to them.

Nightmare scenario down the road: Crosby in last year of contract, Pens out of playoffs, NYR pulls Kane II.

10 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Not shipping out Malkin was their biggest mistake. Keep Crosby and Letang but start revitalizing from Malkin on down. Well it is good to know they will be bad-mid for the foreseeable future. If Laviolette coaches this team, I'll be pissed.

2 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Not shipping out Malkin was their biggest mistake. Keep Crosby and Letang but start revitalizing from Malkin on down. Well it is good to know they will be bad-mid for the foreseeable future. If Laviolette coaches this team, I'll be pissed.

I'm not really sure I agree with Malkin being the issue for this season. He was a P/G player for $6M. That's great value. He also played 82 games.

Their bad contracts are Rust, Granlund, Rakell, Carter, maybe Pettersson on D and they lost Petry who was productive when healthy.