• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pens Clean House: Fire Ron Hextall, Brian Burke, and Chris Pryor

Phil

20 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Penguins are in such a weird spot. The only players signed under the age of 27 are...nobody. Three RFAs aged 24, 24, and 25. Crosby and Petry for two more years, Malkin for three, and Letang, Rust and Rakell for five.

They can't get out of most of these contracts, and are bare. Going to be a rough few years as Crosby heads into the limelight.

1 minute ago, Cash or Czech said:
20 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Penguins are in such a weird spot. The only players signed under the age of 27 are...nobody. Three RFAs aged 24, 24, and 25. Crosby and Petry for two more years, Malkin for three, and Letang, Rust and Rakell for five.

They can't get out of most of these contracts, and are bare. Going to be a rough few years as Crosby heads into the limelight.

Blink 182 Wtf GIF

If you look at their draft history, the last major components to play meaningful games for them are from 2013 (Jarry and Guentzel). Since then, 45 draft picks and the only ones to play games for the team in any meaningful way are Sprong, Simon, and Kapanen who are all no longer on the roster. They're old, they're signed long term, and they don't have young guys coming up. Going to be an enjoyable period of the Penguins as a mediocre to bad team.

8 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

He'll play well individually, but this is going to be a team drafting 9-14 for a while.

Heads off into the limelight? You mean twilight? Or head's off into sunset?

He hasn't been in the limelight in quite some time.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Heads off into the limelight? You mean twilight? Or head's off into sunset?

He hasn't been in the limelight in quite some time.

I don’t know man, whatever the fuck he’s in. He’s got maybe three years left 

Guess he’s heading towards the sparkly vampires

Edited by Cash or Czech
  • LMFAO 1

Yeah, as long as you've got Crosby, Malkin, and Letang, you've got a core that a lot of teams would want to build around.  But agreed the other players need to be better.  And who knows how many more years that trio has in them.

I won't cry myself to sleep if the Penguins are starting a streak of years missing the playoffs.  Quite the opposite.

9 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I remember when he was in charge of the PP here and it stunk. Fans wanted him out. Riding the coattails of one of the greatest players to ever lace up skates has an effect on perception though.

Look at the quality of team he had then versus now. I'm not sure there's going to be significant struggle if he does what Gallant largely does, which is just let these guys do their thing.

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

Look at the quality of team he had then versus now. I'm not sure there's going to be significant struggle if he does what Gallant largely does, which is just let these guys do their thing.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

These were the highest scoring Rangers when he was here.

Maybe it wasn't the coaching, but the roster? 🤔

I’m just saying I probably wouldn’t use the Penguins stint as proof he’s a better coach than Gallant, but it’s fair to say he wasn’t a bad coach based on his assistant role here either. It’d be a question mark hire in my book.

5 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I’m just saying I probably wouldn’t use the Penguins stint as proof he’s a better coach than Gallant, but it’s fair to say he wasn’t a bad coach based on his assistant role here either. It’d be a question mark hire in my book.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

If I had a nickel for every time you miss the point I’d be able to buy the Rangers from Dolan

If I had a nickel for every time you made good point, I'd be more broke than I am now.