• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Preds Prospect Zachary L'Heureux Suspended Indefinitely by QMJHL for Spearing Fan

Phil

The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) has indefinitely suspended a Halifax Mooseheads player — and an NHL first-round draft pick — after he allegedly jabbed a teenaged fan with his stick following a game last week in Gatineau, Que.

Last Wednesday, the Gatineau Olympiques defeated the visiting Mooseheads in a shootout.

Olympiques fan Holden Coulter, 16, of Blackburn Hamlet said he was among a group of people who were standing, cheering and booing at ground level after the victory.

Coulter said he yelled out "Mooseheads suck!" before left-winger Zachary L'Heureux, 19, stuck out his stick and "started jabbing at us" as he got off the ice.

"I had to back away or else he would have probably gotten me better," Coulter said.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-prospect-suspended-allegedly-jabbing-090000097.html

• Phil changed the title to Preds Prospect Zachary L'Heureux Suspended Indefinitely by Qmjhl for Spearing Fan
  • Phil changed the title to Preds Prospect Zachary L'Heureux Suspended Indefinitely by QMJHL for Spearing Fan
1 minute ago, Cash or Czech said:

Suspended 9 times in 3 seasons...

Yeah, it's been his rap since before his draft year. It's part of the reason he fell as late as he did in the draft, from what I've read.

This is incredibly stupid on his part, but I don't think it's going to prematurely end his career. I'd bet there's plenty of teams willing to "rehab" him. Maybe I'm rationalizing because I wanted the Rangers to draft him, but I just don't think what he did is that bad. Like, yes, it's assault, or attempted assault, but it's certainly ranks below other types of it, like sexual assault/rape.

It'll take time and effort on his part, but from a PR perspective, the argument is relatively simple: "Zachary did a lot of stupid things as a teenager. He recognizes his mistakes and has been working to correct them, and be a better person. Blah blah blah, we look forward yadda yadda."

10 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Indefinite suspension is a bit much. 10 games would have been plenty IMO.

BTW:

Ain't a snowball's chance in hell that's all that was said to illicit the reaction.

Yeah, there's no possible way that a guy is been suspended nine times in 3 years has thin skin... 

no way GIF

54 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yeah, there's no possible way that a guy is been suspended nine times in 3 years has thin skin... 

no way GIF

I mean that kind of language is dropped every game by countless fans. There’s thin skin, then there’s whatever this would be. Closer to needing a mental hospital than having thin skin, if he is randomly snapping at something opposing teams hear all the time…which is possible too. Maybe he’s got mental issues and needs serious help.

"I just like, literally yelled Mooseheads Suck, no cap fr fr"

lmao, sure ya did

I understand the suspension, but it's just such a boring sport, now. Just like everything else. No circus. No contact. No keeping score until Bantam AAA. Did you see that lacrosse goal, though, wow, so exciting. 

7 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I mean that kind of language is dropped every game by countless fans. There’s thin skin, then there’s whatever this would be. Closer to needing a mental hospital than having thin skin, if he is randomly snapping at something opposing teams hear all the time…which is possible too. Maybe he’s got mental issues and needs serious help.

Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player