• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade Ryan Reaves to Wild for 5th-Round Pick

siddious

23 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Wilson was never going to drop the gloves with Reaves.

That's fine, but Reaves could have done what Wilson did to Panarin....You want to be a puss and avoid the fight, I'll just grab you and rag doll you around until you will participate.....Didnt even get that.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

How is Shesty going to release them now?  Will they be able to leave the locker room prior to games?   What happens now? 

Lmao, they're just going to stand there. Then Lafrenière with a weak French accent will squeek out "thhhhestyyyy releath utthhhh" and everyone will laugh. Then he too will request a trade. 

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

Ridiculous that it apparently took a trade request to get Drury to do this.  If he'd done it during the off season, they'd have even more deadline cap space or they could have signed Motte.

Molly Walker, master of the understatement:

"Reaves had been edged out of the Rangers lineup by Julien Gauthier, who brings a lot more speed. "

I'm honestly shocked. I really didn't think this was possible. Now that it has, it makes me wonder if this is a locker room issue or a warning shot at Gallant.  Or both. 

I don't see another team giving him a full time gig. He's gotta know that he's not playing well. He's on his last leg. He's old. Sitting a handful of games should be expected for a guy his age. Him requesting a trade just seems odd to me. Either he's a head case and thinks he's  more than what he is, or there was a falling out.  

Whatever. Now they have a little bit of capspace and a roster spot. Carpenter and Vesey should be next. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Reaves played to the best of his abilities. And honestly his toughness is more reputation at this point. He’s certainly not the heavy weight champ anymore. 

love a glue guy. But had to be done. 

I guess that's my point, when you requested trade because you're not playing... it's because you think you're stil an NHL player. 

He hasn't been for almost 2 seasons. 

Love the move.  I enjoyed watching him play for the Rangers last season.  This season Reaves doesn't fit well into the lineup.  GG can no longer find a way to work him into the lineup. Getting more and more happy about the move just talking about it.

I gotta admit it...I saw the writing on the wall a couple weeks back when he was starting to become that "Healthy scratch".  It's time...I will still love the Reaver, but it is definitely time to move forward.

Hey @The Dude!!!  It's your guy's job now!!  Let's keep pulling for The Goat!

Just throwing it out there. Toronto just passed Wayne Simmonds through waivers. 

As 4th line RW, I'd take a chance  on him. 900k cap hit I believe. Could probably swap him for a future consideration or Carpenter... 

I'd really like Corey Perry. These are PTO guys the Rangers missed out on in the last couple years. 

There are a few 4th line grit types that may be available via free agency.  Riley Nash is a guy I think fits a need. 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I gotta admit it...I saw the writing on the wall a couple weeks back when he was starting to become that "Healthy scratch".  It's time...I will still love the Reaver, but it is definitely time to move forward.

Hey @The Dude!!!  It's your guy's job now!!  Let's keep pulling for The Goat!

Nah. He's better than a 4th line plug. I want him to get a legit chance in the top 6. Not 8/10 minutes of icetime, filling in gaps, while Panarin and Trochek are recovering from 2 minute shifts on the PP.  How can he build chemistry in one game playing like that? Nobody will develop any cohesiveness that way. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

I guess that's my point, when you requested trade because you're not playing... it's because you think you're stil an NHL player. 

He hasn't been for almost 2 seasons. 

Not even just that but when you go to the semi finals the year before then ask to be traded the following year, your priorities seem to be more ME than WE involved. Rangers were very generous not only trading for him but extending him as per his request. Then he asks for a trade because his own relevance and skills are rapidly declining? Puh- lease. Not a fan of this. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Really liked the swagger and direction he brought to a rudderless team. He did what he was intended to do and therefore his time was up here.

Thanks for the memories Reavo, your short stay was entertaining. Best of luck and enjoy retirement at years end!!

• Cheers 1

On 11/23/2022 at 5:45 PM, The Dude said:

I'm honestly shocked. I really didn't think this was possible. Now that it has, it makes me wonder if this is a locker room issue or a warning shot at Gallant.  Or both. 

I don't see another team giving him a full time gig. He's gotta know that he's not playing well. He's on his last leg. He's old. Sitting a handful of games should be expected for a guy his age. Him requesting a trade just seems odd to me. Either he's a head case and thinks he's  more than what he is, or there was a falling out.  

Whatever. Now they have a little bit of capspace and a roster spot. Carpenter and Vesey should be next. 

Seriously, what is your problem with Vesey? When wet he looks like he weighs about 150, yet skates hard and goes to the net. You should be pissed at every other Ranger for not doing the same thing on a nightly basis. I'm not some huge Vesey fan, but because he's doing what I stated above, he gets ice time. He's being rewarded for working hard. and he does work hard.

Here's a thought, Instead of mailing it in (and we've seen a lot of that), maybe some of the bigger, more talented players should start doing the same thing. If they did, it might just cut into the Vesey ice time, and problem solved.

29 minutes ago, jamsim1967 said:

Seriously, what is your problem with Vesey? When wet he looks like he weighs about 150, yet skates hard and goes to the net. You should be pissed at every other Ranger for not doing the same thing on a nightly basis. I'm not some huge Vesey fan, but because he's doing what I stated above, he gets ice time. He's being rewarded for working hard. and he does work hard.

Here's a thought, Instead of mailing it in (and we've seen a lot of that), maybe some of the bigger, more talented players should start doing the same thing. If they did, it might just cut into the Vesey ice time, and problem solved.

Vesey has played hard for us this year, 100%. You hit a lot of good points.

Our lack of defensive system which has caused many WIDE OPEN net front players has been the downfall this season. So many missed defensive assignments.

Our offense has looked pretty good although disjointed a good part of the season, but honestly.....not making excuses....but...they have not benefitted from a lot of puck luck this year. A scoring RW and some systems changes and this team turns around fairly quickly.

16 hours ago, jamsim1967 said:

He does that. For like a shift per week. Vesey stinks. Hence the PTOs for the last 3 years.

He plays with no heart, has nobody's back in scrums and gives a vibe of a guy that isn't a part of the team. I'm pretty sure that's why the Rangers got rid of him in the first place, along with Hayes and Miller.  Not a good locker room guy. 

For Vesey, either doing something good or not noticing him at all is a good thing. 

He's looking like a Fast-lite guy. He's not giving anything up defensively while chipping in offensively. 

Does that mean he should be in top 6? No...but there are other people to complain about. He's not even in the top 10. 

• Keeps it 100 1