• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ballsy Predictions - 2022-23 NHL Edition

Phil

8 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

I think there's a concrete line between "ballsy" and "flat out impossible" that you're running through like Lou Ferrigno right here. That arena holds 5000 at capacity. You'd be talking about an absolute catastrophe for any other team.

Anyway.....

Ovechkin scores 60. 

So you're predicting he increases his goals/per game by a whopping 0.08 over last season? Yup, real ballsy. 😅

1 hour ago, Nashley Tisdale said:

After St. Louis took over last season, he scored 22 goals in 37 games (49 goal pace over 82 games)...

Right, but 50 goals is still 50 goals. Are you saying this isn't ballsy? I'd argue it is. Kreider used to pace like 60 goals all the time over similar stretches, then go cold. It's rare that players actually score this consistently over the life of the season, even if they show tremendous scoring over smaller samples.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Right, but 50 goals is still 50 goals. Are you saying this isn't ballsy? I'd argue it is. Kreider used to pace like 60 goals all the time over similar stretches, then go cold. It's rare that players actually score this consistently over the life of the season, even if they show tremendous scoring over smaller samples.

Yeah, I'm saying it's not ballsy. 37 games is half a season, that's a pretty large sample. The other half of the season, he played for hockey terrorist Dominque Ducharme and scored 1 goal. 

I think what we saw from Caufield when MSL took over was much closer to what we would expect. I won't be shocked to see him score 50. 

In fact, thanks to @RichieNextel305's post I threw a few $$ on Caufield to win the Rocket at +9000. I think he's being severely underrated and the only knock he'd have against him - MTL sucks major ass - isn't even his fault. He'll largely be playing with Nick Suzuki I'd imagine and I could see him going off.

• Applause 1

2 minutes ago, Nashley Tisdale said:

Yeah, I'm saying it's not ballsy. 37 games is half a season, that's a pretty large sample. The other half of the season, he played for hockey terrorist Dominque Ducharme and scored 1 goal. 

I think what we saw from Caufield when MSL took over was much closer to what we would expect. I won't be shocked to see him score 50. 

In fact, thanks to @RichieNextel305's post I threw a few $$ on Caufield to win the Rocket at +9000. I think he's being severely underrated and the only knock he'd have against him - MTL sucks major ass - isn't even his fault. He'll largely be playing with Nick Suzuki I'd imagine and I could see him going off.

Ballsy ≠ near impossible. It's just supposed to be a pretty wild prediction that has some chance of becoming reality. To me, this is kind of a perfect call. Player who showed serious promise (like pre-50 Kreider), but has never actually done it before. The fact he's still considered a rookie is a big factor, too.

Also, you're a degenerate.

• Bullseye 1

4 minutes ago, Nashley Tisdale said:

So you're saying it's ballsy for a guy who scored at a 50 goal pace for half of his rookie season to do that in his sophomore season? I mean I just don't buy it. 

I'm saying it's ballsy for a rookie who's never scored 50 goals to score 50 goals, regardless of what he paced. That he paced it makes it somewhat more realistic.

You're asking for some "Stamkos gonna score 80" type shit. Ballsy = ballsy, not impossible. @Art Panarini

• TroJan Boner 1

22 minutes ago, Nashley Tisdale said:

Soooooo what you’re saying is we’re splitting the pot if he wins the Rocket Richard?