• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Flyers Name John Tortorella Head Coach

Phil

LOL Great tweet by Dubinksy. Torts to the Flyers will be good entertainment. We know how he can be and Philadelphia is terrible. He could either help get them in shape or this is going to be volcanic. I hope it's the latter. Fuck the Flyers long, and fuck the Flyers hard.

Last I looked they don't have much cap space and not a whole lot if any valuable pieces they can afford to deal, sooooooo swinging away for those fences maybe rather difficult, no?

Love Torts but odds of him being behind the bench at the end of that 4 year deal? I'll take the under, who's with me besides Dubi?

Edited by jsrangers
  • Like 1

• Phil changed the title to Flyers Name John Tortorella Head Coach
1 hour ago, Phil said:

Marek or Friedman said they're going to be really active. Said there's already talk they'll pull the chute on James vanRiemsdyk, and possibly others. 

Will be interesting I guess guys while only having one year left, is still making 7M  put up  24G and 38 Pts last year. Granted I only watched a small handful of their games other than the ones with us but he looked like used up junk. I wonder how long the line would be for those even showing interest in him who had the space and would give them anything back that would be considered an immediate upgrade that would help Torts.

Couturier for another 8 years at 7.75M? 

They seem to be pretty well fucked on all sides imo when it comes to being able to help Tort's out immediately. I think @Pete who essentially said it within the last few days, they've done a really good thorough job of building a complete pile of shit.  Now go block shots. 

Edited by jsrangers
  • Like 1

Looking at their CF, they need blue line help bad, but the forward situation isn't as dire as I thought. Moving JvR ($7M) shouldn't be hard. He only as a year left. Moving Provorov and Konecny, though, is heavy lifting. Farabee is probably fine.

17 hours ago, Sod16 said:

It was written in the stars that Torts would one day coach the Flyers, and that it would be an epic shit show.

Don't worry Torts, Philly fans and media are a placid and patient bunch.

They sure are, ask Donovan McNabb. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

Oh boy, and those godawful contracts. 

Couturier with aching back and seven more years at $8m.  Makes the Suter/Parise contracts look good.  How's that Hayes contract looking?

Gorton: declined to sign Hayes but signed Kreider.  Both looked about equally valuable at the time of those decisions.  Gotta give Jeff credit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sod16 said:

Couturier with aching back and seven more years at $8m.  Makes the Suter/Parise contracts look good.  How's that Hayes contract looking?

Gorton: declined to sign Hayes but signed Kreider.  Both looked about equally valuable at the time of those decisions.  Gotta give Jeff credit.

The one thing I will give Gorton is that he re-signed Kreider. Chris wanted to stay in New York, and it's paying off big time, especially this season. 

• Like 1

Gorton did a lot of good things here, but just became the fall guy after the Wilson debacle and the need to go in a different direction. I think they would have made the same moves anyway, but I believe Drury can become a great GM. The groundwork for a consistent contender was laid down by Gorton (and JD too), though, and that will never get lost on me.

• Like 2