• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Justin Braun From PHI for 3rd-Round Pick

Phil

6 hours ago, Dunny said:

Painfully slow, and Schneider is all over the map, and barely surviving, but it's a 3rd pair playing 10 minutes a night. Their 3rd pair isn't much better.

Schneider has had a few games where he has looked solid but the majority of the playoffs he’s been pretty bad. Not worried about him though he’s young and this is amazing experience for him. 

braun has settled down but I still worry when that third pair is out there. 

• Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, siddious said:

Schneider has had a few games where he has looked solid but the majority of the playoffs he’s been pretty bad. Not worried about him though he’s young and this is amazing experience for him. 

braun has settled down but I still worry when that third pair is out there. 

you worry too much.  start drinking

• LOL 1
  • Cheers 1

15 hours ago, CCCP said:

Ozzy-- perma-tripper

...only over my own feet!!  I stick to liquid refreshments, Simon! 

By the way....where the fuck ya been dude!!  You seeing "other forums" behind our back???  😉

14 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Should be able to trade Nemeth, no need to buy him out I think.

Agree on Braun tho. He’s been solid lately.

This. Arizona can be bribed to take him, IMO. Stralman is UFA (and not likely to come back). Chychrun they've been looking to deal for well over a year. I expect him to go at the draft. They have at least one roster spot available for Nemeth to fill and could use the stability of acquiring anyone not on an expiring deal.

They also have six UFA forwards, none of whom will likely be back, and three more after next season. I think you can probably interest them in some of the teams 23/24-year-old RFAs who are still under control, cheap, and looking for an opportunity to play. Gauthier, Gettinger, Ronning, and Hajek all come to mind.

• Like 1

I only suggested a buyout because we're already spending resources for this year's cup run. I don't really want to sweeten the pot when our primary focus is going to be value contracts and ELCs while we manage our cap situation over the next 3-4 years until Trouba and Panarin are done. It's a really cheap buyout. 

Edited by Cash or Czech

3 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I only suggested a buyout because we're already spending resources for this year's cup run. I don't really want to sweeten the pot when our primary focus is going to be value contracts and ELCs while we manage our cap situation over the next 3-4 years until Trouba and Panarin are done. It's a really cheap buyout. 

Gauthier and Hajek are trash and have nothing to do with this.  We need quality depth, Arizona needs warm bodies that don't have a choice.

• Applause 1

Just now, Long live the King said:

Gauthier and Hajek are trash and have nothing to do with this.  We need quality depth, Arizona needs warm bodies that don't have a choice.

I don't really know what you mean? I'm talking about Cuylle, Othmann, Robertson, Skinner and other young guys we'll need contributions from as we deal with cap space issues. 

10 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

That depends entirely on what the sweetener is. If it's basically Nemeth + Gauthier for a late-round pick, it's all gravy.

2 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I don't really know what you mean? I'm talking about Cuylle, Othmann, Robertson, Skinner and other young guys we'll need contributions from as we deal with cap space issues. 

None of whom would be included in this type of trade. Well, maybe Skinner, but the others, no. They're not going to need to pay through the nose to move Nemeth. He stinks, but he's got two years left at a reasonable number for a veteran defenseman that a team like Arizona would welcome because they're going to struggle mightily to bring in players like this, let alone ones any better.

• Keeps it 100 1

29 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I mean this.....

25 minutes ago, Phil said:

None of whom would be included in this type of trade. Well, maybe Skinner, but the others, no. They're not going to need to pay through the nose to move Nemeth. He stinks, but he's got two years left at a reasonable number for a veteran defenseman that a team like Arizona would welcome because they're going to struggle mightily to bring in players like this, let alone ones any better.