• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Justin Braun From PHI for 3rd-Round Pick

Phil

1 minute ago, siddious said:

No problem with this but I will throw in the caveat that I also have no problem with Nemeth since hes come back. 

7 functional defenseman sounds good to me, Pete!!!  I won't have to hold my breath with Hajek out there!

I feel like Schneider has struggled a little lately so this is a solid trade IMO. If Schneider continues to earn it great, if not we have reliable depth. Wouldn’t hurt to have him sit a game here and there when struggling, wish Miller had that late last year/early this year (although he has been great lately). Plus he could sit Nemeth as an alternative as people have said, although I have no idea if he plays both sides tbh.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

He's insurance against literally anyone at all struggling. He can play top minutes, he was doing it on Philly and he wasn't awful, in context. He's the only + defenseman for them, I think...

Yup. All the charts reinforced this. No offense, but very good defensive metrics. Just a reliable minute-cruncher who can play anywhere in your lineup. Paired with Vlasic in San Jose.

5 hours ago, pws85nyr said:

I feel like Schneider has struggled a little lately so this is a solid trade IMO. If Schneider continues to earn it great, if not we have reliable depth. Wouldn’t hurt to have him sit a game here and there when struggling, wish Miller had that late last year/early this year (although he has been great lately). Plus he could sit Nemeth as an alternative as people have said, although I have no idea if he plays both sides tbh.

I believe so as well. I think they specifically did this trade to remove him from the lineup for now. I don't mind the growing pains, but with this team at this time it isn't the time. We already experience some of them elsewhere. I think Gallant wants a veteran 3rd pair, for better or worse. Shame too, because Nemeth sucks more often than not.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Phil said:

Agreed. He's been what Nemeth was supposed to be all year. Steady. Reliable. Mostly mistake-free.

The fact he keeps Nemeth in the press box is value enough, but he has been solid as third pairings go. As advertised.

58 minutes ago, Pete said:

He's constantly chasing the play and is probably one of the slowest players with and without the puck I've ever seen.

And is still a no-brainer over Nemeth. 

Was going to post that haha - really not very good but good enough and way better than nemeth who is just awful 

8 hours ago, Pete said:

He's constantly chasing the play and is probably one of the slowest players with and without the puck I've ever seen.

And is still a no-brainer over Nemeth. 

Yup. Watching him with the puck, it's like watching someone try to run though water.