• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Phil

My expectations are low. I love the character as many do, but don’t have much trust in the creatives behind this one. No Filoni or Favreau. Deborah Chow directed some of the better episodes of Mandalorian in its first season so I’m not worried about her. But I am worried about Kathleen Kennedy and the Joby Harold who hasn’t written anything good.

11 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

My expectations are low. I love the character as many do, but don’t have much trust in the creatives behind this one. No Filoni or Favreau. Deborah Chow directed some of the better episodes of Mandalorian in its first season so I’m not worried about her. But I am worried about Kathleen Kennedy and the Joby Harold who hasn’t written anything good.

Considering how average Mandolorian was, and how bad Boba was, I don't really care about no Favreau. 

Maybe a new team has a different take from the meh I've seen so far. 

On 2/9/2022 at 9:24 PM, Drew a Penalty said:

No worry about Hayden Christensen? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Phil changed the title to Obi-Wan Kenobi Coming May 27
  • 4 weeks later...
Spoiler

Only on episode 2 but…

1) why does Star Wars insist on re-using all the same characters in everything. Story could have been anything but they chose to include child leia for some reason. Someone who’s not supposed to really know kenobi. I’m fully expecting we see chewy C-3PO and r2 before this series is over.

2)the amount of running around after a little kid without being able to catch up to her 🤣

3) is it just me or is this actress playing the 3rd sister just atrocious. I can’t take her seriously 

• Phil changed the title to Obi-Wan Kenobi
4 hours ago, siddious said:
  Hide contents

Only on episode 2 but…

1) why does Star Wars insist on re-using all the same characters in everything. Story could have been anything but they chose to include child leia for some reason. Someone who’s not supposed to really know kenobi. I’m fully expecting we see chewy C-3PO and r2 before this series is over.

2)the amount of running around after a little kid without being able to catch up to her 🤣

3) is it just me or is this actress playing the 3rd sister just atrocious. I can’t take her seriously 

Spoiler

Yeah the acting by those chasing a 4 year old (10 my ass) is comical. The child actress is not very good either. She has zero facial expression ability. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:
  Hide contents

Yeah the acting by those chasing a 4 year old (10 my ass) is comical. The child actress is not very good either. She has zero facial expression ability. 

Spoiler

Yea that was terrible too 

Was really good.

Does remind you though that The Plan is to hide Luke on the same planet Anakin grew up on, with his only living relative, with the name "Skywalker" , with his one time mentor hanging around to watch Luke grow up. And it appears so far anyway The Inquisitor and his Jedi hunter sidekicks have NO IDEA Owen is Vader's half brother, nor interested in who the kid is. 

Once you suspend that huge ass logical hole plus the excellent Ewan McGregor and the girl from "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" as little Lea, it works. 

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Was really good.

Does remind you though that The Plan is to hide Luke on the same planet Anakin grew up on, with his only living relative, with the name "Skywalker" , with his one time mentor hanging around to watch Luke grow up. And it appears so far anyway The Inquisitor and his Jedi hunter sidekicks have NO IDEA Owen is Vader's half brother, nor interested in who the kid is. 

Once you suspend that huge ass logical hole plus the excellent Ewan McGregor and the girl from "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" as little Lea, it works. 

You kind of just have to buy into "no one knows there are kids" and into "they're just there looking for Obi Wan..."

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

You kind of just have to buy into "no one knows there are kids" and into "they're just there looking for Obi Wan..."

Yeah, I thought they did a good job prefacing this in the recap when they went over the Jedi Council plan to separate the children and raise them in secrecy.

5 hours ago, Bugg said:

Was really good.

Lmao was always one of the dumber things about Star Wars. 

I finally watched the first two episodes last night. That was very enjoyable. They made little Lea a major brat, but other than that it was really cool. I've always been a McGregor fan and I'm glad they found a way to bring him back as Obi-Wan, even if it is for a limited run.