• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I understand people not being on board for Kane or a player of his age. But saying he’s not worth the package he may demand is something I don’t agree with. He’s not 37-38. He’s 33, still a point-per-game player at the moment (would probably rise playing on a better team and with a player like Panarin) and someone who is one of the most clutch superstars in recent memory.

I don't feel as though he's a difference maker anymore. He's not making anyone around him better, he's lost that "it" factor. He's tier 1B or 1C level now days IMO. The proposed cost should bring back a 1A talent. 

I'd take him. Just nowhere near the cost of emptying the entire cupboard. 

1 hour ago, Tonybologna said:

As sick as having Kane would be I don't think he's the right fit. We should talk to the Blues about Pavel Buchnevich, he seems to play the type of game that would benefit Mika and I believe he can be had for cheap 😉

i think any winger who can pass would benefit Mika.  Kreider and Kakka arent very good passers and dont see the ice like passers do

• 2 months later...

In NY, he’s get in so much trouble, they’d call him Evander.

lundkvist, Chytil, 1st plus Gauthier 2nd going to Arizona to retain, and I consider. I still think that might be giving up too much. 
again, Toews, through a team retaining, makes more sense. And cheaper to get. 

2 minutes ago, josh said:

In NY, he’s get in so much trouble, they’d call him Evander.

lundkvist, Chytil, 1st plus Gauthier 2nd going to Arizona to retain, and I consider. I still think that might be giving up too much. 
again, Toews, through a team retaining, makes more sense. And cheaper to get. 

Said the same re: Arizona to get double retention. It's the only way to make this work.

• Applause 1

If there’s a way to make it happen and it’s something Kane would be interested in, yeah. Like many others have said, this would have to go through another team (likely AZ) in order for the cap to work. But, adding him to this lineup? You might be cooking with fire going into both the playoffs and into next season. As it was said in that video, IF he ever wanted to move (and it is an if, because he has his Cups and his money, he may want to stay there) I would think we would be at the top of his preferred teams; Panarin, a young core that could win, big market, big city. It could be appealing.

I'd definitely have interest, but I don't see how it would at all be possible until next year's deadline. Any move now, even Kane at 50%, precludes the Rangers from retaining Strome or signing/acquiring any equivalent center. Panarin and Kane worked with Anisimov in the middle, but Chytil is a way shittier Anisimov.